1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Am Scared Of Life And Future

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by star90new, Jan 14, 2019.

1. star90new

star90new Bronze IL'ite

I am jobless and I feel the income that I get by working is very less as an Architect. Never had work life balance when I worked. I have zero friends right now. Very lonely at home.

Scared of future as mine is one income household. How much money should be saved for retirement once you own an appartment in India?I know it depends still how much usually people save if they are in their 50’s and ready to live in very tight conditions.

I have zero friends as most live with family in India and the rest have jobs. I have started hating my field that I am thinking of
    Studying something else. But what can give a better income at 29?

Since I am a second generation Indian, I am not close to relatives and they don’t like me much. So now I have no friends or relatives. I am feeling depressed, don’t know why God gave me this life!

2. sneha1985

sneha1985 Gold IL'ite

I live in US, single and have a complete lonely life too. I too hate what I am getting paid right now and job switching is not an option at present with the current US immigration scenario (am on H1B). Am not sure where you are living right now, but if you are overseas and do not have visa issues then definitely go for further education or job switch. My friend came to US when he was around 29-30 for his masters. There is no age limit for education and marriage, infact I see women who are 40+ attending classes for PhD over here. I just enjoy at work, we go out for lunch and that's my fun/entertainment.

Other than that I have started to live on my own. I travel solo and visit different cities in US. I also got pets so I can spend time and don't feel alone all the time while at home. I am 33 and not thinking of getting into dating/marriage until for next one year as am trying to get over my past bad experience.

Mine too is more or less one income household. With my current income I am hardly able to save much and then when I parents visit me for few months, the expenses gets multiplied by 3. My dad works part time back home (parents are retired and old), doesn't earn much he handles expenses there, but I have to save as and when possible as they have started getting health issues and might need money for it now.

Just try to switch jobs if possible / go for higher studies... whatever works for you. Good Luck!!

jyotiparab likes this.
  3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Getting/Being a roommate would solve a lot of issues, perhaps get you some new issues, and also save some money you can bank.

Go for it.

4. harithab

harithab Silver IL'ite

[​IMG]

Hi,

First of all , delete the sad thoughts from your mind.
    Start with a fresh mind, be positive and think optimistic.

If you really want to study something seriously for a better profession, seek help from someone who is experienced and can guide you in a right path.

Dont think you are lonely. You can get guidance and help from these forums.

Always carry a smile with you. Start your day with a positive thought and be thankful for your day. All are not lucky as you. You are blessed in a lot of ways.

Stay positive and blessed. :wave:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  5. jyotiparab

jyotiparab Silver IL'ite

really good to hear @sneha1985 ..appreciate you..live life to the fullest :cheer:

6. star90new

star90new Bronze IL'ite

Thank you all for the support. After studying Architecture for 5 years and working for few more . Do you think it is wise to study Dentistry now? Will it be worth it if you like the field.

7. pocahontas

pocahontas Gold IL'ite

I am not sure if it is worthwhile to branch off and start something from ground zero. Medicine or Dentistry pays a lot, however it’s a totally different lifestyle. Right now, I think you are thinking only from an income and social connections but when one aspect of your aspect is messed up you think all of it is messed up and want to re-do everything.

I know architecture pays very less. I have few friends who barely get by. I would suggest moving to a city which is fairly inexpensive and see how much you are able to save. Or maybe an inexpensive part of your town. If you are artsy, then try to see if you can earn additional income (painting maybe?). Or if you can branch out into interior designing as well. Take a class or two - you will meet people and make friends as well. Or maybe teach Architecture like Ted Mosby (HIMYM reference ).

See, after a while all of us starting looking at jobs as what they are - a means to make ends meet, that you are reasonably good at and enjoy. Sometimes you are good at something - but you can’t make a living or it’s not sustainable in the long run or there is a lot of competition. Think this through. If you did take up architecture because you liked it, see what went wrong /why you are where you are. If you still want to do something else - ask yourself why you like Dentistry? Your motives/ intention will help you make the call. Good Luck!

shravs3 likes this.
  8. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Firstly list all the pros and cons.
    Becoming a dentist now needs lots of effort. If you are in India you need to write entrance exam and then based on the ranking you can choose college accordingly. It’s totally 5 years course.
    And also after that you may feel doing BDS alone is not sufficient due to the competition so you may want to do MDS. You should also think about the total fees and are you completely willing to dedicate 5+ years for your career alone.