1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Open Marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by beinghonest, May 16, 2016.

1. beinghonest

beinghonest Senior IL'ite

I wouldn't have done so if this was not an anonymous forum. I wouldn't dare share this with family & not so close friends.

2. beinghonest

We are not cheating each other, we have a bond between us that has nothing to do with others. I did get jealous few times but I'm lot more secure in my marriage than before because I know he'll tell me.

Many things happen in fiction to make it more interesting. It's not a true reflection of real life.

3. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

U know he will tell u , but does he knows how u are feeling? He should be knowing already u are not happy that he still seeing that woman. He values ur feelings and can stop that? Or he thinks i am telling everything to my wife so from my side I am guit free, but what u feel is it important to him? Analyze for ur self .

Don't u think woman is more vulnerable and may be used in this set up. Any type of abuse , even emotional one, can happen, u can't even tell outside, as it is a secret, all men are not gentlemen to treat women with respect all the time.

4. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

I think the OP refers to swapping of spouses. This is mostly recreational; more like an outing to enjoy a delicious meal in a gorgeous setting. There are innumerable clubs too that arrange these 'events' all over the western world with India too being no exception. However, as this activity is very discreet nothing much is known to the outside world. Indian Newspapers and magazines too have highlighted such activities off and on, the goings on in Indian cities. I do not know anything first hand of such activities.

5. beinghonest

He definitely does value my feelings. I can insist on us to go back but I have chosen not to do so as I know it's not fair now. We made a mutual decision to have an open marriage. This may not be the best option but we are not cheating each other and we have a daily smooth relationship that is working for us.

About this being a secret. I have my husband's support if things go wrong and my close friend know about it too.

6. beinghonest

That was the mistake I made, if I ever get involved with anyone else in the future, I'll end it before it can get emotional. I wouldn't say for me emotions comes first but when a relationship lasts bit longer then it gets harder to be emotionally detached.

We have never tried swapping as to me that is bit too mechanical.

7. beinghonest

I don't have anything more to say so won't be replying anymore.

Can someone please close or lock this thread if there is an option to do so?

8. silentlistener

silentlistener Silver IL'ite

NeetaR likes this.
  9. silentlistener

silentlistener Silver IL'ite

10. Natashabalk

Natashabalk New IL'ite

Open marriage is nothing but freedom in life for both men and women, infact it is a great relief for women mostly because in traditional marriage if women is not satisfied with sex life telling the husband and making him understand is hard ( I'am going through similiar thing will post my story in seperate thread).
    Open marriage allows you have sex with anyone you want with no commitments ,some of freinds whom i know for longtime who are not even in 20s ,they are in early 30s calls thier partner/open marriage husband to say that they wont be coming home tonight and going out with some guy who she met in party and mornigng when she gets home they dont ask any questions like did she had sex with the guy or she is going to keep dating multiple persons at same time ,so no one is going to ask question about your sex life

Anusuya likes this.