Mba At The Age Of 42....is It Worth It?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by somam16, Jan 9, 2019.

1. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Rice is one of the best universities. But cost is the only reason many step back

Laks09 likes this.
  2. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

if you want to study this is the best time when kid is 10 years old. I assume you will be done when she is in 7th grade.In US it is not difficult to manage family and studies. The only thing with MBA students you will be doing group projects so you need to find a suitable time to do that.

Don't think just as investment of time see what return you can get.

If I were you I will talk to alumni and check the job prospects in your existing location. In US it is very easy to get A. Most of the intern kids at my work come with GPA of 3.9 and above. The grading system is very easy. I wouldn't make decisions based on how much you like math or you get A. Since we are talking about money and time think how this will help you to transition to different job. In IT sector people get MBA to advance their career but you are planning to use MBA to get fresh in marker which is different requirement. so analyze these factors and then make decisions.

In addition you can talk to school counsel and see if you can fasten the process and finish within a year. Best of luck

Why not MS(finance) ? I think MS has less course units and you get to study more of finance then MBA which might be diluted for your requirement.

Mangaii

3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I looked and looked for a lady to come home but DD missed an entire week and needed to catch up immediately. We both knew this teacher and decided to go to him. He took her on only because he knew us. Good tutors are in demand. Your friend should look for a good one and have her DD take uber there and back.

4. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

As some posters have stated, if the motivation behind doing MBA is an increase in salary, then it's not a good idea, if it is because you had aimed for it, then maybe. It is not easy with kids, family and a job on the side, but that's up to you.

5. somam16

somam16 New IL'ite

Thank you all for such sincere opinions and suggestions... I would like to explore the idea of coaching Physics to students in my leisure...is there any website where I can advertise my availability? Please let me know