1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Essay Writing For Middle Schooler

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by silento, Dec 5, 2018.

1. silento

silento Silver IL'ite

Any recommendations for improving Essay writing skills for middle schooler? Suggestions of books, online courses, website would be helpful.

2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Just sharing general suggestions. Reading Reading Reading... The more the kids read the more it’s helpful. Look for creative writing courses online. I know JHU offers such courses in summer for middle schoolers. Similarly few other colleges also offers summer creative writing courses. Check Time4Writingdotcom, Essay Structure and this one too

silento likes this.
  3. silento

silento Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much. Even though DS reads a lot, his writing skills is not evolved for his grade level and has room for improvement. I looked at JHU and looks like the kid needs to have SAT/ACT score to enroll.
    I will definitely look at the other sites you have mentioned. Keeping fingers crossed.

4. silento

silento Silver IL'ite

Huge thanks @jskls for suggesting Time4Writingdotcom. DS and me are working on this for the past few weeks and it is just what the doctor ordered.Would recommend this to anybody wanting to do some extra writing practice..

jskls likes this.
  5. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Glad it helped. Now I am intrigued to help my younger one try it. Thank you @silento