1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Kid Is Not Good At Classical Dance:(

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by anika987, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Anika - This isn't your first try right? You've tried with her before too and she hasn't been able to sustain interest. I know you started a similar thread a few years ago. Maybe she's just not interested. Forget it and move on. Why worry about what people say? Brush it off. Gosh, these cousins of yours are mind-boggling. Stay away from them for a while. They don't do any good to you or your kids.

sindmani and anika987 like this.
  2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

True..I know what u are saying is right but for the love Inhave for dancing,when I see my child does not even half one percent of it..felt disappointed.

3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Tell me about it laks!

One thing I liked about being in America was far away from my relatives..

God was being a bit cruel with me:)

What game is he playing?Made all of them come to USA and that too very near my place.Made sure he gave us all
    Kids of the same gender and close to the same age :)

I thought I was done with their commenting nature after coming here.now they started with the kids.my fate!

Laks09 likes this.
  4. sheztheone

sheztheone Platinum IL'ite

OP, reading your post I honestly feel bad for your daughter. For a kid to say, mom im doing it for you, must be painful.

I think the problem here is you are finding it difficult to stand up to your relatives. Please do not make your child feel forced to do something for the above reason.
    When you give her a chance to try and become good at something she really likes, you can talk proudly about that to your family.

I know that as a mother it gives us a lot of happiness to see our child follow our footsteps. However, each kid has his or her talents and it's much easier for all to allow them to pursue that.

I used to hate arts and craft as a kid and loathed it when relatives with girls told my parents "Oh, my girl is so good at tailoring, see she made this and that... That's what girls are supposed to do." And my dad used to say proudly "My daughter plays three kinds of sport. She's the only girl in our family who does that." And that shut them all up.

Lastly, for all you know, your daughter may discover some hidden love for classical dancing later in life. I did recently and going full swing now.

anika987 likes this.