1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Scared- Family Planning

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by rosylife, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Jamelia02

Jamelia02 Silver IL'ite

Please, don't be offended but I feel you still not matured enough to understand what a relationship is. I cant just blame you but part of our society contributes to it as well. Parents and society expects us to be a virgin(in body, mind, talks etc) until wedding night and they would also assume that you will know everything just after marriage. Some of us get educated on them as the need arises and some stay ignorant for some time or life time. I also see you talking about control issues. You can't imagine everything. Son's will support their mother. You have to take a stand for your stuff. Overall, just not being intimate means there is no 'oneness' in you both which will be greater problem otherwise. Well, I'm just pointing out things so you can be aware and take steps accordingly. Rest is your decision.

SCA, Indeevara, SunPa and 1 other person like this.
  2. rosylife

rosylife Bronze IL'ite

I am not able to understand myself. Marriage according was all filmy and romantic. I married right after college and oly after engagement I started understanding how society wants me to be. I am not sure if I would have been ready whole heartedly for intimacy if my husband wanted it .

Several things like once in my childhood one of my friends did something naughty and her grand mom said that.. you will be married off to rowdy type guy. Another incident is comment by some guys that i overheard saying she is oversmart because no guy is tieing her down.

My husband is still controlled by my MIL when we go for vacation . When we are away control is less. So once we become initimate I feel I will go weak. It will be like he knows me well enough to hurt me or if he leaves me he will lose myself. It will hurt me more if husband doesn’t support me when MIL taunts me , after we have intimate relationships.

Thankyou @Jamelia02 ..I really appreciate your response. Yes I think I am not mature enough or I am not understanding relationship dynamics. I have already gone for counselling and they told me to just do it and there is nothing emotional or psychological to it.

I don’t have a close elder sister or the like in my family or friendcircle to guide me or help me .

You say son’s will support mothers. Should son’s support mothers even when MIL hurts or tortures DIL? Here MIL has her kids and husband by her side(they are mute). I am alone, I feel if I get initimate I am giving my husband and his mom more power to hurt me. I wish there is someone who can relate to my thoughts and feeling and tell me how to change my mindset..

3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

This advisory seems quite unempathetic! Your feelings about the deed are not all that unusual. People could be averse to (biomedical) procedures that are invasive.

Married people are expected to treat the spouse's microbiome as their own. However, this might take some getting used-to in many cases. Even couples who have very active sex life may draw the line at sharing tooth brushes, even in a dire emergency. [I had noticed your concern about dental health in another thread]

When you went to counseling, and they gave you the Nike byline (just do it), was your husband with you ?

I bet what puzzles most readers of this thread is the behavior of the guy in a marriage. Even when there is a wrapped Christmas Gift, boys will be on pins and needles, i.e., in extreme anxiety and utterly impatient, until they open, inspect all the parts, and see how they can play with it.

And you are telling us that you both hadn't opened and used the gifts in three years, and he finds it a chore, etc.. If he hasn't gone to counseling about all this yet, perhaps you must think about taking him along, because many of the things you might be encouraged to talk at a couples counseling session, you are apparently not able to talk to your husband on your own twosome.

SCA and Indeevara like this.
  4. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

OP, I think you have some kind of phobia regarding sex. May be you are not asexual. Unless we go through the process we wont understand how it is or how enjoyable it is or how strong your libido is. Do you have any self esteem/ image issue. Just doing it may be the way to go. But if your dh is not into it how can it is possible.

May be an intervention by psychologist and sexologist combo can help you. Sex is a beautiful aspect of marriage. What surprises me is the attitude of your dh. Its quite unusual for a normal man to behave asexual way for these many years. Is anything wrong with him. Is there any kind of intimacy , love or romance in your life! Is he creating this weird thought in you as he dint want any sex with you. Is he satisfying himself.

Being an adult you should be able to explore it. You can get sexual education by going through many books and sites. Just like to warn you incase you realise later what you have been missing in your life.

You will have physical relationship with your dh. Having sex with partner is about sharing. It's making love. Unless he force you into rape, how can you consider that as a power game.

I don't know why you think about MIL while thinking about intimacy. If you get pregnant after these hardships,who will win. You MIL. You will face more issues in future for sure. I suggest you to fix your marriage. Stop worrying about MIL. Take your own time. Enjoy your life . IVF is not easy . Why you should take all these pain while your dh neglect you completely without giving you or trying to give you a normal life.

I also wonder how was your family and parents married life. Generally parents are our role models in many ways. Did you face abuse or trauma in child hood. Sometimes those can create issues later in ones life.

You dont have to answer these if you dont want to. This is just my wild thoughts to help you introspect.

I honestly feel that being an adult you should try to understand what exactly you want in your life instead of yielding to someone elses wishes like MIL. This is just to make sure that you will not repent your current decision later. So have an introspection, think really well. Seek help if needed. If MIL ask you anything about it ask her to talk with her son and not you. Or ask your dh to talk to his mom. Why you should face humiliation.

You can learn from many articles on internet and videos in YouTube on how to prepare for pregnancy. I have taken folic acid and vitamins during TTC. Also consult gynecologists. They will guide you well.. Seek professional help. Go for pregnancy only if you are physically and emotionally ready for it. It's your body your decision. It should not be for satisfying someone elses ego. It's your life and your choice. Every one should respect that. Good luck

My intention here is not to hurt you in any way. If you think in that way , please ignore it
    Thanks

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    SCA, Prahlad and Amulet like this.
  5. rosylife

rosylife Bronze IL'ite

My husband came along . We went once because he was upset with me because I couldn’t just accept that his mom is making my life hell when I go to India. He can’t feel for me , he is saying my mom is like that so you should adjust. At that time we discussed about our no intimacy life with the psychologist. Psychologist asked me to adjust and just do it.

One more time we went even then it was a similar reason and that psychologist asked my husband to protect me from his mom. Even after that my husband doesn’t understand my feelings. I think we can have intimacy with only a person who we feel will stand by our side. I am insecure with my husband whenever we go for vacation. Now I am scared of vacation.

Okay .. till marriage my husband never asked for a kiss. After marriage yes we did kiss . And like how you said about the gift. He wanted kiss me , touch me..

Before marriage I had told him that I had this thing of getting to know eachother well.. and then consummating after few months or when ever we feel like. So while we were in India for three weeks my husband just kissed me and touched me and all that. I expected to go back with him and get closer abroad. When i went back with him , he was stressed with job and had no time for me.

In few months time , I also got a job and we planned to postpond pregnancy. At the same time one of my friends got pregnant after using contraception. So we decided its fine not to be intimate till we want to
    Have a baby.

We are not intimate means we don’t have Se* . He maybe once in few months touches me sexually. According what I he said , he watches Po** . I think he has low libido.

virtualkv2020 and Amulet like this.
  6. rosylife

rosylife Bronze IL'ite

You ask me who will win if I get pregnant.
    I am not sure if I will . My MIL is asking for a heir for there family. I actually hate my husbands family and there orthodox nature.
    I don’t want my MIL to play with my kid atleat till the kid is 5years old.

In my childhood, I can’t think of anything in particular but my mom coudn’t work for a long time after she had me . There was no one else to look after me. My parents did have fights , I can’t say they were terrible. But my mom was very upset with the fights as she had to leave her job for me. I used to be worried of them fighting. My dad is very dominant , he is good with my mom but he is dominanting in nature.

Maybe I am scared of my mother’s helplessness.No I don’t have any self image issues. I bringing MIL into this because she has played a big role in me not trusting my husband. She talks as if the kid I have is hers and there families. She wants to do all the rituals and stuff for my kid. I am just scared my husband will make her do everything and not involve my family or do it himself.

He says he is satisfying in between.
    At times he makes me touch me and stuff and goes to use the washroom. I think if I for ce him he will be ready to get intimate. Its mostly my psychological take on intimacy that is acting like a barrier.

My MIL just like that blamed me and proceeded to take me to gynecologist by pulling my hand . I was shocked to react or tell her anything. Though I mentioned to her that we don’t have such relationship to get pregnant she somehow din’t understand or acted like she din’t understand.

7. boby

boby Silver IL'ite

Not all people can plan their pregnancy. Every attempt to get pregnant naturally when both the partners are super fertile is only 20% . It's better not to postpone pregnancy. It is just not in your hands. With your PCOD condition its better to start trying right away, than regret later...........

8. boby

boby Silver IL'ite

9. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Seems like a troll .
    If not, sorry op

Sri2196 and shravs3 like this.
  10. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

It will be the opposite. He will support you

shravs3 likes this.