1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone needs Dental advice - Please post ur problems

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by hema_gladston, Jun 18, 2008.

1. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi @rosylife,
    There are a few things we need to take care during pregnancy. Ofcourse nutrition and general health affects oral health.
    Solution depends on what problem the pregnant women are facing in particular. Better to get a check up once with your dentist .
    As mothers, we tend to neglect oral health as we don't prioritise it.. so that takes a toll on the teeth. And sometimes due to morning or evening sickness,too much vomitting can damage enamel and make teeth sensitive.
    Sometimes the hormones play a huge role in aggravating gum diseases.
    Prevention is the best cure....
    Brushing twice with fluoridated toothpaste and flossing are mandatory.
    Professional cleaning is the most important thing. Fillings can also be done during pregnancy. But any other procedures would require permission from gynecologist.
    Thank you for your query.
    Cliona

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. rosylife

rosylife Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the reply.
    Can you tell me which hormones affect gum health during pregnancy. Should a pregnant lady be taking calcium tablets? What can be done in case of enamel wearing out?

Thyagarajan and cliona like this.
  3. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Pregnancy hormones like estrogens and progesterone affect the gum health. You can look up for more details in the net.. A regular dental check up can keep things under control. Enamel wearing happens when acidic vomit comes in contact with the tooth.
    There is nothing to worry about.
    Regards,
    Cliona

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Sorry for delayed reply. Since it's baby tooth, please don't worry. Other than esthetics if tooth is strong then it's completely ok. Please continue toothpaste.
    Regards,
    Cliona

5. artemhealth

artemhealth New IL'ite

hi

I have a knowledge tooth on the left and have been troubling me for the past one week, trying to come out of it and seeing its pain, I can not eat food on that side.

Please suggest some simple home remedies, I know that wisdom tooth worries very much.

Thanks

Join us :- ArtemHealth - A Smart Clinic for Tele-Consultation

cliona likes this.
  6. deepthivinayak1

deepthivinayak1 Gold IL'ite

I have grey coloring in both side of the tooth in my lower teeth.all four tooth have this coloring. How to get ride of this.

Thyagarajan and cliona like this.
  7. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi @artem
    Hi @artemhealth ,
    Wisdom tooth problems are very common. There are temporary solutions to wisdom teeth problems like taking appropriate antibiotics, frequent brushing and flossing, using a mouthwash or saline gargles frequently.. basically keeping the involved area of the mouth clean and hygenic.
    The permanent treatment for impaction of wisdom teeth is removal which will be done by a qualified oral and maxillofacial surgeon. Please visit a dentist to get the tooth correctly evaluated professionally.
    Thank you for your query.
    Regards,
    Cliona

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi @deepthivinayak1
    I would need some details about the grey stains. Have the stains come recently or it's there from the time the teeth came out ? Is it only on lower front teeth or even other teeth ? Do your parents have it ? Sorry to ask this.. please don't get offended but do you have any habits ( smoking, pan etc.,)
    Regards
    Cliona

9. deepthivinayak1

deepthivinayak1 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I have it more than 2 years. I don’t have any bad habit. I am not sure my parents have this problem. I have this grey mark only in lower teeth.

Hi

cliona likes this.
  10. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi @deepthivinayak1
    Thank you for the information. Looks like you need a professional cleaning and polishing of teeth. The grey colour is mostly due to accumulation of tartar deposits. It's a completely safe and painless procedure. It's recommended to go for dental cleaning once in every 6 months for maintaining good oral hygiene. Please visit a dentist and get it done. Hope this helps.
    Let me know if you still have any other questions.
    Regards,
    Cliona