1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Absentmindness

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by SpritualSoul, Nov 30, 2018.

1. SpritualSoul

SpritualSoul Gold IL'ite

Absentmindness.. Im really worried about my absentmindness..I'm not like this before..

A small background about me.. I'm mom of two kids.. DS 2.5 years old and DD 8 months old... My DS is very active and keeps me on my toe 24*7.. I'm just totaly into motherhood since my son was born and least bothered about anything else.. I'm currently staying at my moms place so I don't have to cook.. all I have to do is just taking care of kids still I'm occupied whole day but I'm not stressed just enjoying my motherhood at my moms place..

For past few days I noticed is im very much absentmindedness now a days... Two days back i took my breakfast in my palte and then notice my son have poured some water in hall so placed the plate on the sofa cleaned the place and went to kitchen took another plate and ate my breakfast at dinning room itself and came back to hall to notice untouched breakfast plate which I totally forgot... Sometimes I even forget if I had my lunch or not.. Misplace things and keep sesrching

Today I misplaced a 500rupee note and searching it... More that rs500 I'm very much concerned about my absentmindedness... I'm not like this before.. Is this normal is its just a phase that will pass.. Or something serious tat needs attention

2. jaishvats

jaishvats Bronze IL'ite

You must be simply overworked. Happens once in a while

SpritualSoul likes this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@SpiritualSoul,

With 2 little kids, life will be hectic and the mind will be very distracted. To this add some subconscious anxiety or stress. Now you have a great concoction for being absent minded or distracted. Just don't worry. This is just a passing phase and you will be alright. Focus on the safety and well being of your kids and your self. All the best.

sindmani and SpritualSoul like this.
  4. Minie34

Minie34 Bronze IL'ite

Even I have similar problem. I often forget simple things. I realised it is due to I'm preoccupied with something in my mind related to some work. Don't worry. Just relax.

SpritualSoul likes this.
  5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

@SpritualSoul
    It happens to everyone who has things on their minds.
    [In Tagging you I realized something: I like that ID name. Sprite is an elf, fairy, an imp, a playful being !!]

In the cartoon below, the astronaut is being told:
    "Good news -- I see your keys next to the flag."

[​IMG]

If there is a thread asking for absentminded stuff we each had done, that will go on for a good long time.

Relax and enjoy your time at home.

SpritualSoul likes this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @SpritualSoul ,

This is what is happening!
    You are enjoying your motherhood like you should and everything else seems to be taking a back seat. Slightly trying to drawing your attention every now and then a deliberately looking around may help you! Personally I am happy you can be so into motherhood....enjoy it :)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    SpritualSoul likes this.
  7. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Can totally relate to your issue...handling a toddler is not easy, and you have a toddler and infant to take care of..just imagine the demands on your mind and body due to them..
    It's not very surprising that you're so occupied with them and busy being an adoring mother you forget stuff easily..
    In such cases it's better to put things in their place so you won't find difficulty in searching later on..even if it causes a little inconvenience.
    For example keys to be kept in key bunch, money to be kept inside wallet only, mobile to be kept inside handbag or designated location only when not in use..thenitsbeasier to find when in need..

SpritualSoul likes this.
  8. goldenhoney87

goldenhoney87 Silver IL'ite

You are selflessly preoccupied for your kids.
    Great mum!

SpritualSoul likes this.
  9. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

With two kids this is normal. There are days I don’t remember if I took a shower because the kids have driven me crazy all day lol.

SpritualSoul likes this.
  10. Sapna56

Sapna56 Bronze IL'ite

It happened with me too after having kid. I have become little more forgetful. While coming from office i will realize in parking that my car keys are left in office. I guess its normal.