Tips for marriage arrangements

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Singapore' started by bsnagashree, May 9, 2008.

1. bsnagashree

bsnagashree New IL'ite

hi all,​
    I am Nagashree.
    I am new to this site. can any one tell me how to do marriage arrangements ? i am totally confused. where to strat? Because my brother's marriage is on the way.
    Please help.

cheers
    shreekrish

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Nagashree,

welcome to IL....u can get many answers from many expert and intelligent ladies..........but u give some more details like where marriage is going to tak e place india or spore....how much time u have and what type of marriage is going to take place like different region people have different traditions for marriage... so my dear...please post little more details about your brothers marriage which will make everyone to drop their best ideas for you....i hope u got me.My 2cents

3. bsnagashree

bsnagashree New IL'ite

Hello Padma

thanks for the reply. Yes, I haven't thought of these things.The marriage is in Bangalore, because the bride is from b'lore. My father is a south Indian , of Tamil origin. the marriage will be in Tamil brahmin traditrion. The marriage date is not yet confirmed. It may be in november. But i can go to India by Aug 10th only. my father is cming here by jun 2. So hardly 2 months will be there for the arrangements.

Nagashree

4. madhumathi1974

madhumathi1974 Bronze IL'ite

hi nagashree,

iam madhu from saudi, iam married with two kids. i think i can give u some tips for ur brothers marraige because iam a brahmin from AP.i have done by brothers wedding on my own, be'se i dont' have mother so i was responsible and my dad was busy with his office work.

1.we basically start our works by doing ganesh pooja and grinding haldi on a good day at home.
    2.wedding cards printing, and making a list of guests of ur's and ur brothers friends and collegues.
    3.make a list of shopping things first clothes and gold.
    4.make a list of members who ever u like to present clothes in wedding and add this to ur shopping list.
    5.arrangement of caterers and pls give ur timeing of lunch,coffees, snacks,etc. so that eu need not b back of them to enquire the things.
    6.pls fix the timetable to move bridegroom, moving from the ur house to wedding venue, then returning and satyanarayanpooja arrarngements.
    7. pls appoint 3 to 4 people who will reach ur house afterwedding and before u reach and make all arrangements for rest of the things.
    8. make two groups for distribution of wedding cards.
    9, packing all the items seperately needed to b carried to the venue and labeling them ,by this no confusion will b there.

hope these tips will help u to start off and give u more ideas also.

5. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Madhu...
    thanks for descriptive post ..i think it will help Nagashree a lot.

Hi Nagashree..

as u said ur father is cpoming to spore in jun so i think u must book cateres, mandapam or whatever marriage place hall u want, because these things we cant get in 2months time, generally these are booked at least 6months earlier....so if you can do this it will be of help..u can fix the design for cards now, wedding dresses for ur brother like suit he can fix it now because suit selection needs lots of time...right now you can do all decisive work, bookings..even u plan the menu so that u will not run at last moment...even if u appoint some cateres u need a lot of grocery at home for those guest who will come earlier...

6. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Dear nagashree,

Nice to see a loving and caring sister.

You have less work as your are from bridegroom side.I will give some ideas which i know.
    1.Pray to Lord ganesha.(In our house we start everything keeping 1re at ganesha's feet.

2.Make a list of people whom you are going to invite.This will have 2 cate.

1.invitation in person.
    2.invitation by post

You will have to send invitations to bride side close relatives too.

3.If you are going to print card separately,decide the no. first.

4.Just make a rough plan of no.of people you expect for the marriage.You can give a rough estimate to bride side people.They will be more comfortable.

5.Plan the gifts, you are going to give for the close relatives(cloths or any other gift)

6.If you have the habit of giving gifts to people who come for marriage from your side,you can plan for that also.

7.The most important thing is nathanar seer.If money is not a contraint,
    ஜம் ஜம் னு அசத்தலாம்.
    1.saree( a must)
    2.matching jewels and slippers,handbag etc.(as per your wish)

8.You will have to take one more saree for grahaprevesam.
    9.Other sarees- your wish.
    10.You will have to give money or golden ring(as per your wish) to the bride's brother for Pori podudhal.They will do bhadhil mariyadhai to you for putting thali knot.

Others the vadhyaar will only tell you.So you need not worry.

All the best.

7. Kalpana_Santhu

Kalpana_Santhu Bronze IL'ite

hmmmm so many ideas Bow

8. bsnagashree

bsnagashree New IL'ite

Hello ILs,:idea

Thank a lot for the tips. Thanks once again for Padma,madhu and krithika. I am very happy to see ur replies. Now only I am gettind a track for the arrangements. As Madhu told, I too dont have mother. So the responsibility is more on me. The tips will help me a lot. thank u very much. I will let u know as i proceed in the arrangements.

Nagashree

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  9. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear,
    Its very nice of you take charge. If you can get an event management person, alot of your chores will be reduced. However,you have to closely work with them so that they meet your requirements. I wish some one writes a book on all these arrangements so that we can refer.
    Jaya

10. rrthorananm

rrthorananm New IL'ite

Step by step to organize your wedding.

If you have just started with the organization of your wedding and you do not know where to start, we share a "step by step" with everything you should do. Do not despair! With time and much calm, everything is possible.

A year before

* Decide the magnitude of the party.

* Calculate the approximate number of guests.

* Consult room budgets, catering and event organizers.

* Reserve a church (in many churches, if you do not ask for a shift a year before you do not get a date).

* Make a budget sketch.

* Organize and decide the honeymoon to get promotions (especially in tickets).

* If you still do not live together or want to move, look for your new home.

Six months before

* Choose civilian witnesses.

* Start looking for the wedding dress and the dress (you can buy them from well-known designers).

* Have organized the menu, the disc-jockey.

* Open the list of gifts.

* Choose ambient.

* Have the cake ordered.

* Choose the producer for photography and filming.

* Book accommodation and honeymoon tickets. If necessary, corroborate that both have a passport up to date.

* Choose and order alliances (this can be done at any time).

Three months before

* Order printing of invitations.

* Reserve a hotel room for the wedding night.

* Choose centerpieces, tableware, cotillion and the necessary equipment for the party.

* Hire shows and animations for the day of the party (can be done from six months before).

* Fix the transfer for the church and the party.

* Order souvenirs.

* Arrange an interview with the hairdresser and the makeup for the test and treatments for the skin and hair.

Two months before

* Deliver the invitations with the place for the gift list.

* To have chosen the lingerie for the Wedding Night.

* Start preparing your nails, at least once a week.

A month before

* Final test of the wedding dress.

* Confirm schedule for the hair and make-up artist.

* Have the trousseau, centerpieces, souvenirs.

* Write thank-you cards for the gifts and send them as they arrive (optional).

One week before

* Have the bags moderately organized for the honeymoon.

* Collect the tickets and vouchers of the accommodation.

* Get used to the bridal shoes inside your house.

* Pedicure.

* Go to a spa and relax!

A wedding takes months of organization, during which you will run into different emotions. The day of your wedding is unrepeatable. During those 24 hours your only obligation has to be to enjoy, you were already organizing everything for a year.