1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Where This Married Life Is Taking Me To??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by cutebarbie, Nov 9, 2018.

1. cutebarbie

cutebarbie Silver IL'ite

Sharing an incident which happened some hours ago,
    I didn't send the kid to school today because of dry cough.. as usual DH came home by 8.. when entering the house itself he was watching some cricket videos in mobile.. then had dinner(with watching some interview show in mobile) then again mobile.. kid called him for play.. but he denied and was into mobile..then he went to bed but was not sleeping.. he was holding mobile which I saw from outside the room.. I played cartoon in tv, and asked kid to sit and watch, and I went to bring syrup for him.. I heard DH calling the kid inside.. I thought he called him to switch off the light or fan.. suddenly I heard my kid crying badly.. when i went inside the room, I saw my kids forehead swollen on left side with almost red nerves can be seen.. when I asked he said.. he was lying on the bed and the kid was playing with him by climbing on his stomach and suddenly while doing so, the kid hit his forehead on the opposite wall.. I got very angry on hearing this and shouted at him.. because I know what would have happened.. DH would have been holding the mobile in hand and he would not have caught the kid when he was playing.. and that's why kid got hurt.. when I shouted at him, he said you go back to India with kid.. he usually during fights tell me like "I was very happy before when u and kid were not here".. and when I spoke to my parents about this incident (not deeply about DH.. discussed only about bringing up the child here without any help and discussed my difficulties in taking care of kid) they are very careful that I should not go back to India.. I felt very hurt after this incident.. today also during fight he started calling me by very bad words.. my parents or family members never use this kind of ill words.. whenever during fights he used to tell me like "go and die.. go take some acid or cleaning things from bathroom and kitchen and drink".. this time I told him this..

2. cutebarbie

cutebarbie Silver IL'ite

After all these, again he was into mobile for sometime and then slept off.. I convinced the crying kid , gave pain medicine and taking care of him..
    How dare this man is?? He is very clever.. he never tell me how much his salary is, I know nothing about his money savings.. previously some years back, when my family members find some property for us, he used to tell me like the budget is high and difficult for him.. I never told this to my family members.. I told some other reason to them and always maintained his dignity in front of my family members.. before coming to Dubai, I discussed everything to him about taking care of kid to joining him in a good school.. for everything he agreed, and that's why I came here happily.. but now nothing from him.. I feel cheated

3. cutebarbie

cutebarbie Silver IL'ite

I never thought my life would turn into such a mess like this.. I have always advised others when they were in trouble.. but today iam standing here with no help or hopes.. and this poor kid.. I feel guilty!!

4. cutebarbie

cutebarbie Silver IL'ite

During each fight he will make me cry cry the whole night.. and the next day morning itself I'll get headache, throat ache, cold!!
    Iam living in a hell

5. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

Hi @cutebarbie , I have read your recent posts and have posted my suggestions earlier too. Other IL members have given many options also to get out of this terrible situation . Now it's upto you what to do. Since you are so miserable, you have to decide and act on it .
    Venting will not help unless you take a step. If you don't want to go to India, take up a job there in ME and take life from there. Since finding a job will take some time, try not to get worked up because of your spouse every day. IGNORE him. As long as he isn't stopping you from working , don't bother with him and his actions. Also don't look at finding a job to " show / prove " anything to your spouse . At this point , you should be least bothered with him.
    Your family seems reluctant in supporting you and you yourself don't seem eager to go to India . Only if you make up your mind to go back, I am sure many doors will open up in terms of support , financially and socially.

In the most recent episode mentioned when your son got injured, you shouldn't have shouted back at your spouse just because you " thought" what had actually happened . Had it been me, I would have simply removed the crying child from the room and not engage in any verbal war fare with the spouse who already doesn't listen to me. Sometimes , not reacting is more effective than making the person realize their mistake.

Stop crying over him. There is no point of crying over anyone .

Accepted that you are living in hell. And we all have given you many ways to get your life back on track . One member has also mentioned a job at schools . Please do some introspection and decide.
    Suggesting once again, try to record evidence of verbal abuse .

6. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

You have cried enough for this man. Silence is a strong weapon if you know how to use it. Why are you chasing an abuser. Why are you wasting your time thinking about someone who doesn't deserve it. Take baby steps..focus your full energy to you. Explore options and try to be independent.

Dont give any value to his words when he was angry. It look like he considers you as a nagging wife who dont give him any peace of mind or space when he is at home. Why are you chasing him. When he comes home, tell him food is on the table, or whatever you like, go to other room enjoy there with your kid , read books, watch movies or do something to engage yourself.

When ever these bad thoughts come to you try to divert your mind by doing something or even chanting or praying. Try to make your day positive as much as you can.

You can keep on crying for years. It wont create any change in your life. You need to take steps to improve it. Your kid deserves a better life. You too. Read all suggestions here again and again. Focus full energy on your aim. Determination is the key. Cheer up girl. Start action. Do minimum and completely back off emotionally from him. Even if he talk, give reply only if needed. Be kind and do your duty. Control your anger and urge to fight back . It's not going to bring you any change. Instead, explore ways to get out of your home and be independent.

You need to love yourself. So take care of your health, eat well, excercise and work on you confidence. From whatever you have written here you have become a very negative person due to all these events. Negativity repulse people. Only you can change you. Try to be positive. Be calm and have lot of patience till your life is back on track. Ask yourself what do you want. You get an answer.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    SCA, shravs3 and sindmani like this.
  7. shama146

shama146 Gold IL'ite

I feel very bad when parents don't support their own daughter when she needs them the most. They must be worried about ur younger sis marriage proposals.

Look self pity won't help. As others said it's time for u to take actions. First try to find a job in Dubai or India whichever is more feasable. U badly need any kind of job. This will open further avenues for you.

Forget he exists in your life. Stop arguing and reacting. This will need practice and patience.

U r in my prayers dear. May God bless u.

shravs3 likes this.
  8. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

Cutebarbie, you yourself read through your posts, do you realize the fact that you are bothering yourself about why he is on the phone all the time. Your kid is suffering as a result. It is not even you or your H. I was going through a similar phase as you. Only in my case, it was me who started off by looking at his phone. I deeply regret that moment when I decided to peek into his phone. I know you are not in a state where you can separate and leave. You don't want to burden your parents, you know very well going to your parents will probably not help, because it is you who should decide to help yourself. I am making amends - trying to ignore everything, trying to take charge, trying to not visit any social websites, and not talking about my H to anyone, but it is late and he is picking up a fights with me for one reason or the other. Relatives are equally horrible on both sides, they are actually fanning the flames instead of helping. I am trying to remain calm and still my life is getting dragged on to the streets. Our neighbors hate us, my older son is depressed and of course, I AM THE PROBLEM here. Why? Because I am reacting and not being proactive. And still I am looking for attention from him, I should accept the fact that I can't expect much from him. I don't even know who I can talk to. Now I think, it is no use talking to anyone. Who wants a whiff of my personal garbage? They can't clean it for me. I need to do it. Everyday I am detaching myself from him and so is he. The more you try to get attention from him, the more he will deny it to you. If you stop self-pity, think objectively, calmly and remove him from your thought process, things may improve. Always think that he is a stranger and behave accordingly. Put yourself on track and move on. You can't fix a relationship by yourself, the other party needs to help too. Don't expect help from him or anyone else.

Deborah likes this.
  9. dnormx01

dnormx01 Gold IL'ite

OP, feel really bad for all that the child and you are putting up with. If you are in Dubai, please try to seek help from friends and relatives around. This is not a safe place for your child. Please call Soch foundation helpline- 800111. They help.

Incase of any emergency don’t hesitate to call for any medical help, Latifa is a Government hospital and is very good. They don’t require insurance specifically, only Emirates id will do. So worried to see the kid getting hurt, beaten. That’s why shared details.

Take care of both of you. Praying you’lol soon find a way out.

shravs3 likes this.
  10. cutebarbie

cutebarbie Silver IL'ite

Thank you for the kind reply.
    Today I saw some positivity in H.. in the morning he woke up the kid and he was playing with him.. and he was also checking his swollen forehead.. I think he might have felt bad for that incident.. if he shows this little changes each day.. then it will be good for me and the kid..