1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Handing Relationships

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by RealisticMe, Nov 8, 2018.

1. RealisticMe

RealisticMe Junior IL'ite

When you talk a lot to anyone, all sort of topics come up - gossips, your feelings about others, good and bad things. Most of the relationships will be impacted by your true feelings (good/bad) or if you talk your heart out. Only in a few relationships we dont have to think before speaking like a mom-daughter bond. They will always get back together no matter what. In every other relationship, we have to think before speaking. So talking a lot in that case always causes problems. I feel talk well and talk less in those cases works the best. What do you think?

2. SonyThumma

SonyThumma Senior IL'ite

Well said! With my sisters, mom I can pour my heart out and they don't mind. With in laws have to tip toe, things said in one context get twisted. Silence is golden :)

rupz likes this.
  3. rupz

rupz Silver IL'ite

True ... Words can be /twisted at In-laws place.

Recently my family came to know about it.

4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Yes, it depends

So far, I am blessed to be myself with my mom, dad (but he is no more), siblings, husband and my 2 best buddies.
    They have seen the nasty me, and they know how far I can get nasty with my anger and emotions. I show all my frustrations on them alone.
    Besides, my friends know my secrets and darker sides. My husband know me all in and out. My mom knows my weakness.
    Nothing has ever backfired.

But for the world, I am a very cool, empathetic, soft spoken, charm woman. No one even believe that I can get anger, or be wild or have secrets. It is because, I think million times before presenting myself to the world at all times, and I give rest to my brain when I am surrounded by my people.

5. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

I am very comfortable to talk anything to my Mom , sisters and couple of friends, other than these I really think twice before I talk, let it be neighbours or any other relatives , In laws side I hardly open my mouth because of my past experiences, even a casual conversation would lead to many controversies, of course my hubby excluded I can talk my heart out with him, so with so many important people in our lives I really care a damn for others