Talk On Indus Ladies

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by vaikhari, Nov 7, 2018.

1. vaikhari

vaikhari Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

I got a chance to give a (short) talk on Indusladies in an M.A. Course on Diaspora. I managed to give an overview about this online community, as one born from the first generation immigrant experience, from the need to connect and communicate with the homeland, which then grew up to incorporate the homeland itself within its spaces. I attempted to read this virtual space using theories on culture shock, spatial shock, immigrant associations, ethnic enclaves, and finally as a larger social media platform. Of course, I foregrounded that Indusladies is essentially a community of Indian women, although men are also allowed to join the forum.

Warmly,
    Vai

kaniths, Laks09 and Gauri03 like this.

2. vaikhari

vaikhari Gold IL'ite

The above one is just a Post, don't think it can be called a Thread. But I don't know how to change it to a Post. Hence it leaving it as it is.

3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sounds quite interesting. Would it be possible to share a transcript of the talk, or excerpts? Only if you don't have IP concerns or prefer not to risk your anonymity.

BhumiBabe and shravs3 like this.
  4. vaikhari

vaikhari Gold IL'ite

No problem at all, because it was just our normal class session, not a special lecture.
    I'll share a basic ppt with you in a couple of days.
    Thank you.

kaniths likes this.