1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Festival Mood

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Nov 3, 2018.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Festival mood has started . Dassera is over now Diwali. All.shops crowded to buy dresses. On the roadside ladies selling different kind of diyas, rangoli powder and different colours. Many making sweets and namkin at home and many especially working women buying from out. Caterers make lot of money during this time but only hifi people can buy from them as it is very costly for ordinary people.

In our case though festive mood is there don't buy new clothes as we already have gifted by our relatives and.close friends. One of my office close friend every year gifts me a saree one for my birthday and one for Navratri. This year I wore a new during.Navratri and.one have.kept for Diwali. My husband also has dhoties. If children were there could have bought for them. don't light diyas for Diwali outside but light only.for Karthigai. But still I saw some new diyas which.I liked , I can gift to my friends. New one has come in plastic.

We usually buy sweets etc for Diwali from a shop.where the price is less . Today we went to buy but I made and mistake. Me and my husband first went to temple and then had to go from the bridge.My husband was walking slowly. I was seeing in between whether he is coming but did not know when I missed. Again went to the bridge end but could not find him .So went ahead and saw him standing in front of the shop.I kknew he is going to.shout. When I reached I asked you did not see me for which.he.said I called you as.I was having breathlessness but you were walking ahead, not bothered about .me. I felt very bad .Can understand his feelings. Earlier he used to walk fast and I would be left behind. But he is 79 and finds difficult to walk.
    Hope hereafterwards I take care of him while going out

Rihana, vaidehi71, Sinant and 9 others like this.

2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

This is a sad reality; age and sickness can make anyone helpless.

Happy Deepavali to you and your family.

Thyagarajan, Adharv and iyerviji like this.
  3. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Vijima, feel panadhing. Next time hold uncle's hand and admire the nature's beauty :hearteyes: Everything would look even more beautiful and the festive mood will be @ full swing :banana: and enjoy your time. Happy Festival to you and your family.

Thanks for passing on the positive festive vibes :beer-toast1:

shravs3, iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Hugs to you for giving the.first feedback and always motivating me. True dear ageing is very difficult especially when health problems are there.

Thanks for your wishes and wish you also a happy diwali

5. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vijima
    Happy happy Diwali. I love to hear from your festive preparations and you are certainly an inspiration to all of us. I am sure, next time you will walk hand in hand and take care of each other❤️

Vani

iyerviji likes this.
  6. pawarju

pawarju Bronze IL'ite

Dear Vijima.....Cheerup...It happens...we are getting old..but so sweet of you to go back and check for uncleji..Its a lesson for future trips...Happy sweet shopping....BTW what you bought?....name the sweet shop also pls. ..... But i find buying from shop is cheaper than making at home......What you say ji?

iyerviji likes this.
  7. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Happy Deepavali Viji. Take care. As age advances we have to take care. At every 10 steps we ensure that the spouse is nearby. My husband does not want to hold anyone's hands.He says he becomes diffident in doing so. We walk slowly but.
    Normally I prepare both sweets and karam at home. As you say, it is very costly.My children were here for a week and left yesterday. I prepared whatever is liked by grandchildren.
    Not much of crackers this year due to Govt constraints.
    happy Diwali.

jayasala 42

iyerviji likes this.
  8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima.

I understand how it is. My mother walks so slowly and every time it hurts to see her because she used to walk very fast.
    That is the reality of time catching up with us.

Your snippet gives me glimpses of how Deepavali is changing in India. I still make the sweets and karam at home. Boondhi laddu and thenkuzhal are the default bakshanams. Others, if time permits.

Wishing you a happy Deepavali Vijima

iyerviji likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks dear for the.concern and.loving.message.

Happy Diwali to you and your family

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks dear for the.concern and.loving.message.

Happy Diwali to you and your family

Adharv likes this.