1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Water

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by nandinimithun, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello::hello:mini in dream or in reverie situation is going to be more serious in few decades.
    2. In some countries people carry oxygen to breathe as places are highly polluted.
    3. Same way water whatever available are either polluted or depleted in stock underground and no research can ever find alternate to water.
    4. With seasons affected shifted and earth average temperature raises, the scarcity of water would turn nations to vast desserts for sure. That is how dinosur extinct today.
    5. Of course we have sea water but desalination requires diesel to run the plant but fossi fuel stock is getting depleted.
    Omg. That is enough water gone under the bridge.
    6. Due dearth of drinking water in oil exporting Arab nations, ships carrying oil to other ports after emptying oil fill the ship returns with potable drinking water. But for how long?.
    Thank God I have water in can at home.
    Regards.
    God Bless the world to live with or without water!

2. sonishah32

sonishah32 Junior IL'ite

Drinking water conditions are very bad in Saudi Arab. Apart from being a dry area, its existing source of water is polluted as well.
    In India, we have the option to choose the right water purifier from a wide range of brands and different models.
    Livpure is the among the top 10 water purifiers in India.

3. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Nandini,

This is a wonderful post with a very important message to all of us. Thank you to your little mini to remind us make more effort to save the planet for the future generations.
    Vani

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

I really got a shock and I thought, oops we are already there. Was relieved to read that it was only a dream, though truly, the day is not far off.

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Nandini,

I lived in Neyveli when I was a school-going child. We had plenty water in that town as they were digging Lignite from 180 meters below the sea level, they need to keep pumping a lot of water every second. Had they stopped that activity, the mine would fill in with water quickly. Even during strike days, they used to have Engineers in charge of the water pumping to attend work. Besides, it used to rain a lot in that area always.

Fast forward, we moved to Chennai. Water became scarce and everyday we used to wake up at 4 a.m. to pump water. Each one of us had a quota of vessels to fill in. Many days, when my father saw me sleeping nicely, he used to finish my quota also but when I woke up, I used to feel so guilty.

Now, we live in Florida. So far we have not seen water shortage in this area as it rains at least for six months. The whole state is lush green always and full of trees. Interestingly, unlike other states, the trees remain green most of the months except January and February when they all turn dry due to cold weather touching 40 degrees. We have never seen snow ever here in Florida.

Viswa