Finest Posts - Nominations November 2018

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Oct 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It is not even 5 p.m. It's pitch dark outside. I love the lashing of rain on my windos. I start looking for something to say to herald the arrival of November in a few hours with Diwali less than a week away. The fire work sellers look worried. Who would ever buy crackers soaked in water? I am liztening to the cheery song November by Akaal .
    Let us swing into action in this cool weather. October was dampening with just 12 nominations. How many it will be in November? I keep my fingers crossed. Where have the regular nominators vanished? There is so much activity across the site and many are impressive ones too. Why are they not getting nominated then?
    With all the curbs on bursting of fire crackers this year, I expect this Diwali to be a lot less noisy but it will still be very colourful and delicious if we go by the big crowds in garment shops and sweet stalls.
    I keep my fingers locked but being too fat, they cannot remain locked for long. Help me to unlock them! Let the nominations pour in like the rains outside!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nominations are accepted on the strict understanding that they are original writings of the Poster. If it comes to our notice that it is copied, it will be deleted from the nominated posts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not for nomination.

Nominations are accepted on the strict understanding that they are original writings of the Poster. If it comes to our notice that it is copied, the nomination will be removed with a note that it is a copied piece and hence deleted.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below:
    Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the last day of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened on the First day of that month.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating:
    How to add a "Link" in my post?

- To add a link tothe FB that you are nominating:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa....html#post6653

Gauri03 likes this.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

I am a big fan of "Mind over Matter: Meditation Club" and I regularly read every post in that thread. Recently I had a chance to read the following response written by @Gauri03 and every sentence in this post is still reverberating in me. Only someone who is soaked in experiencing that lifestyle could share something as powerful as this. Whether it is timing or what I am currently experiencing or how my mind relates to what was said or who was saying it or all of the above, some words stick strongly in my mind.

Mind Over Matter: The Meditation Club

Therefore, I nominate this wonderful contribution for the month of November 2018. With her kind permission, I borrow her signature line, ""A little bit of slope makes up for a lot of y-intercept."

Viswa

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    kaniths, Gauri03 and Cheeniya like this.
  3. Viswamitra

My second nomination is IL's most favorite writer @Srama's And The Dance Continues..... Frankly, whenever I read her snippets is when I need to say, “Sthira Sukham Asanam”. I have a tip to read her snippets. I suggest reading one sentence at a time and ruminate for a while and read the next. Be prepared for her sudden deep "Present moment" experience and the stunning beauty of her narrating it.

We all wish her dance to continue forever. :)

Viswa

Srama and Gauri03 like this.
  4. Viswamitra

I had an opportunity to read the poem written by @Tamrakshar Overprotected. It is one of the best I read in recent days. I am always nervous about overprotecting children and parents invariably end up doing it to their princesses. I don't have daughters but I don't know what I would have done, if I was blessed with one. How do we prepare our daughters to get into the territory of unknown? It is a question that we have been trying to address forever after reading the posts in the Relationship Forum in IL.

BhumiBabe likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra
    Dear Viswa
    You are the first ever to hit a hat trick in nominations. A big thanks to you.
    Will respond to your nominations separately
    Sri

Viswamitra likes this.
  6. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for nominating that post Viswa. More than the nomination I cherish and thank you for your participation on the thread. It is a joy to have another person with congruent interests to exchange views with. Of all the techniques that I have benefited from, while coping with my ruminating tendencies, the shift from a participant mindset to an observer mindset has proven most successful. With practice one learns to stop spinning the mental wheels unnecessarily -- to go from chitta vritti (mental whirpool) to @Srama 's place of sthira shukham (steadiness and ease).

You are the second person to quote my signature in the last few weeks. I once wrote a long exposition behind its significance. Too bad I don't have it anymore. : ) Would have made a good snippet.

kaniths, Srama and Viswamitra like this.
  7. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

I second that nomination. Loved it as well.

8. Viswamitra

As part of the back and forth interesting conversation with @Ouroboros, she wrote the following response that was straight from her heart leaving no ambiguity about the man that she considers as a fit.

Selection

I have read that many times already and I am not sure how many more times I would read this response from her.

Viswa

9. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Silver IL'ite

Mutual back-patting? Undoubtedly, for such deserving exigency I could risk that suspicion. The thing is: I am reminded of other's substantial outpour when I take stock of my own dippy indulgence. A story which I had read few weeks ago floated again in my mind yesterday having reasoned that NO semblance of mutual back-packing should deter me from nominating this piece as everyone knows (even the not-knows would sense that something is terribly wrong with this Ouro-woman writing a dinosaur-sized sentence) that I am easily laid-back and not triggered to act until something too compelling, as it happened when I read the story first time, that is, visibly compelling prompting for back to back comments, and that of the repeat of the haunting reminder from yesterday occurred. End of preface!

Hmm ...Raj Kapoor having directed that Mera Naam Joker a little shy of five hours duration with two intervals claimed that he couldn't edit the allegedly superfluous frames as every scene was essential to the spirit of that movie. Similarly, if this post runs into the next page, it only means I tried my best to curtail to the absolute essentials on why I am nominating this story but it overran.

About the nominated story ....For Today, You Are All I Want

Man meets woman, attracted, spend time together, depart.
    (It hardly warrants a mention let alone a nomination.)

But ...when that storyline is sensitized with fond awakenings in both the just-met travelers to uplift a casual stroke into converted belief: love kindles in the most unlikely places, that fictional narrative deserves to have been nominated.

Even the twice-told stories emerge fetching amidst newfangled story-telling voices and contemporary retellings. @Rakhii 's innovation is not in the breath of the continental love but in the depth of sensibility demonstrated by the parting couple.

I once had a ridiculous contention with a friend on how prufockian is nuanced than carpe diem. Carpe diem abandons yesterday and tomorrow for today whereas Profocukian insists that today is as equally important as yesterday and tomorrow. You don't withdraw today for tomorrow's redemption. You prevail today to prospect tomorrow. This short-heeled love story countermands that carpe diem myth with prufockian hypothesis. Be memorably loved even for a day while not knowing what love awaits you in the future.

The reason I hadn't nominated it earlier is because the story might be tippy bohemian in a culture-valued gathering. For a discerning reader, reading under a clear shade of lighted understanding, venturing into warm and fuzzy lockdown of Roci and Ram, the story asserts more than a passing delight of life as it bespeaks the endured perception of life having been loved awhile.

Such contemplative story-telling voices must be fronted, hence the nomination.

(Raj Kapoor will be proud of my uncensored essay today.)

10. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Silver IL'ite

Having poured two gallon-sized thoughts onto that thread, you might wonder if Oro can still fray her capacity to acknowledge on that topic once more. You cannot be more mistaken if you thought you were short-sticked into dealing with a frugal acknowledgment for a nomination. I ever write wild and steep! A friend once inquired if I type set my whatsapp texts to 500-worded and then fill it up purposely as not one errant text fails to be forgivingly short. I liked that idea to be forebodingly fixed rather than dash off interminably overboard.

Here's the thing: what this nomination means to me, to that someone who hardly avails herself of the functional 'like' button and erratically responds. I am usually left to wonder in my waffle whether I have communicated my intent straight in my wound technique. This nomination states that you have grasped my animal husbandry post having reasoned it worthy to be nominated.

Here's another thing: what do threads like 'Selection' strive for in their epistemic and pooled participation? Though we seemingly wrestle to contrive some universal and enduring aid to build surety in our approach towards life, such initiatives eventually led to personal introspection than common assimilation as participation in Selection identified the intrinsic values fed into my wits more than reconciliation with the bracing and equally interesting pointers brought from others. I think such threads are important for self-discovery and self-expression alike even more than cross-purposes. Till that 'Moose & Goof' metaphor arouse in my dialogue, I myself was vague on my attraction factor.

• A thread might serve its purpose with a hundred replies.
    • A thread might be rated popular with a thousand views.
    • But the true reckoning of a thread is how it had enabled the participant to feel self-awared vulnerable since the posting.

I didn't feel as much enriched or connected in company to the firmer I had felt in my own clotted mind of what I sought in life. It helped to crystallize my own diffuse airs. For a topic and thread to strike a chord inward is evidenced as far impressive than abovesaid integrated indicators. That thread lingered on me for a while to have excavated it after a brief latency to scratch my 'Moose & Goof' compatibility.

Thank you for the nomination.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    Viswamitra likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.