1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Me Too?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Oct 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Urmila

Urmila Silver IL'ite

I read this which sums up what I am thinking.

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

PavithraS likes this.
  3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

If the company had plans to hire women, it must make accomodations first like adequate ladies' toilets.

4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

ideally immediately after the incident after giving the scumbag a couple of resounding slaps May be a few days to overcome the trauma. But the longer it takes the more the credibility of the accuser diminishes. But DECADES!!!!! That is a bit too much.

5. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

You could probably just hold down the shift key and type next time your caps lock key gets jammed. I admit its a bit difficult, but for the shorter posts, you could try that. Gauri03 is right. In my mind, I read all your posts as someone yelling them out .

sweetsmiley, HazelPup and shravs3 like this.
  6. ano

ano Silver IL'ite

Exactly! If women and men are working in a professional environment, both need to understand consent and stop 'harmless flirting'. Thats is it.

sindmani, HazelPup and SinghManisha like this.
  7. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Never mind, you will not get it. Very easy to sit in your cushy life as a man with a computer at your disposal and make claims we should slap, report right away after having faced the worse humiliation a woman can feel. You don’t get to decide the timing the victims do !

Have you ever had your back and other parts of body pinched, slapped, people giving you dirty looks, people commenting on your body, your capabilities, trying to get into your pants : all this while you are at work and trying to do your best as a professional ? I am sure no. An average woman in India faces this everyday on her way to work. And lives through a lifetime of that. So if she cannot complain who should ?

Your thinking is jammed just like the cap lock key on your keyboard. Good luck !

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    sindmani, HazelPup, Gauri03 and 2 others like this.
  8. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

As a working woman in past few decades, there is no room for sexual harassment in corporate industry. Zero tolerance is in place and it doesn't happen at least in abroad work place.

I also witnessed many 'date' within the organization even with clearly stated guidelines such as manager and his directly reporting staff cannot get involved in a relationship. It is a two way street, right? Some made their decision to get involved. It is not a hidden secret, it will be obvious to others. Did some use it to fast track their career or slacking on their job? Could be, sooner or later both of them will be sacked for other reasons.

It is also well defined what are the do's and don't when working with women. Cannot ask many questions to their co-workers. There are yearly training (webinar) and their certifications are mandatory. It is a common sense not to ask certain questions.

Can we prevent it 100%, is there any guarantee it will not happen again? No, Why some are risking their career by doing such acts? God knows, why.

Awareness is the key. It is happening, a good thing.

#me too - is another awareness message. It says loud and clear - Keep your hands off. It is sad that many kept quiet for so long and suffered within themselves. What a nightmare!

Film industry has it's own problem. Cannot judge rest of world with the same measure.

--JMO

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    sindmani and shravs3 like this.
  9. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

Most unacceptable was President Trump's apology to Judge Brett Kavanaugh. Was he making a statement as his nominee is perfect?

We all know, what was the possible scenario? Few drunken kids took an advantage of another (drunken?).
    There are no corroboration witnesses - so we need to send our children to school /college with a body cam to protect them?

This is the usual answer from those big shot - celebrities, a loop hole in the law. Judge Brett Kavanaugh will be on our watch list throughout his career. He will fall into his own trap soon or be like ex President Clinton with the life long shame written on his forehead. Even his own kids look at him with the same measure as he deserves it throughout his life.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    Viswamitra likes this.
  10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

_Beautiful comments from a writer Geetanjali Arora on *"me too"*_...

You do me favors, I do you favors 30 years later lets call it *"me too"*...

A strong woman does not wait 30, 20, 10 years to speak up, she slaps him on the first *"bad touch"* and knocks him out...

Don't hide your weakness, the favors in returns that you enjoyed and the work you got by *"I was too scared"* cry now...

You were scared to say NO then because it was hard to stand up for what was right and you were scared to loose your status and position in the work place, so *YOU CHOSE* to accept the molestation and went back for more...

Its very easy to play the *abla nari* card later and gain sympathy...

*The Shakti does not wait for a later date to speak up, she silences the evil on the spot...*

My thoughts on this nonsense of *'me too'*...

I don't have *'me too'* stories, anyone who tried got a tight slap then and there and I was never afraid to walk out with my head held high - be it in a Job or relationship!!!

"Strong Women don't have *'me too'* sob stories, they only have - *I slapped him back* short essays"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.