1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Influence of parents conduct on Children

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by Viswamitra, Aug 18, 2012.

1. stephanjohn

stephanjohn Senior IL'ite

I have just entered parenthood and I have found really worthy tips to follow

Viswamitra likes this.
  2. stephanjohn

stephanjohn Senior IL'ite

Definitely loved the topic itself. The behavior and attitude of parents have a great impact on children. The reflection of their parents is seen through their attitude and their affinity to curriculum

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. diva31

diva31 Guest

this is a very interesting and informative post. It is very important to note that even though you might not think about your parenting style on a day-to-day basis, your parenting style has an enormous effect on your child. Sometimes, just being physically present is not enough. Parents that may be nearby but that are not emotionally invested or responsive tend to raise children that are more distressed and less engaged with their play or activities. Parents should keep this in mind when considering the quality of the time they spend with their children because if they do not invest enough of their time and commitment into pouring emotionally into their child, the child will struggle to learn how to regulate his emotions and interact with others appropriately. I personally try a lot to spend the most time with my kids possible and so does my husband. Parenting decisions affect how children turn out physically, socially, and emotionally. Parents can help their children develop into emotionally stable people by giving them a supportive environment, positive feedback, role models of healthy behavior and interactions, and someone to talk to about their emotional reactions to their experiences. Best of luck in parenting!

Viswamitra likes this.
  4. Jogesh218

Jogesh218 New IL'ite

It holds very user friendly interface and it has all awesomeness inside it to display on your screen. Showbox Apk If you are using an Android device, then don’t want and directly enjoy Showbox APK Download for Android.

5. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

@Viswamitra uncle ....hope you are doing good. I have always been reading your inputs about parenting with awe and how well you brought up your son. those were the days long before i conceived and I would always wonder when i would be able to implement all these things for my child . now that i can purposefully browse through the parenting section with my baby in hands in itself is nostalgic . though my baby is just 3.5 months and i know its way too young but still what are the habits/routines you can start with her . most important being developing habits of reading , volunteering and communication skills . out of these three , i myself did reading and volunteering a lot ...but i am an introvert and bad on communication skills, social interaction and likes . I also want her to know swimming...her day care has some water familiarity classes for 6 months + to learn swimming. I will ask you more as we move ahead ...however what are the things i can do with her at present .
    Am looking forward to hear from you all . thank you.

Viswamitra likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@twinklingstar. @stephanjohn and @diva31, thank you for your feedback. My apologies for not paying attention to your responses earlier. For some strange reason, I didn't get a notification about your responses.

7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Caughtinbetween,

I am so happy to see your post and hope you are having a great time with your daughter. First 12 months of growth is crucial cognitive development stage for the children and give loads of hugs and kisses to your daughter. During the first 12 months, I would recommend the following steps:

1) Try to understand her babbles and acknowledge her trying to communicate with you. If you don't understand, explore a few words and see her reactions.

2) Give a finger and ask her to hold your fingers. It gives a great sense of belonging and build self-confidence for the baby.

3) Spend a lot of time talking or reading something to her and carefully watch her reactions. She might try to repeat one word several times and don't move on and make her repeat as many times as possible. Repeating the words help her cognitive development.

4) Keep a diary of all that happens everyday. During this period, she would turn and try to swim on the floor with hand and leg movements. Encourage her and acknowledge her reaching the milestones. At some stage, she would try to sit and begin to crawl. Make a note of this day as well for the records. Buy a baby walker with wheels where she can comfortably sit and keep moving her legs rapidly. This trains her to quickly learn to walk. When she stands up for the first time, be near her but don't try to help her. But be cautious so that she doesn't hurt herself. Keep the phone always next to you and take as many photographs as possible. Be ready to click any milestone that happens when you are around. Please instruct the childcare center to also capture her milestones.

5) Say the colors verbally and show something of that color. She would coordinate in her head the specific color with the respective word. Show various objects and say it loudly to her and look at her face when she tries to repeat that word.

6) Classify her various noises into talking, hunger, discomfort and so on. Once you understand these patterns, she would begin to communicate more with you quickly.

7) Keep pressing her elbows, ankles, toes, thighs, etc. as it increases blood circulation. Moreover, her rapid movement of legs and hands would cause some pain and she would happily sleep especially if you press them just before sleep.

8) Facial recognition happens during this period and besides you and your husband spending time with her, try to show your photographs and say the words "Mom" and "Dad" and see how she reacts.

9) She needs at least 12-14 hours of sleep everyday. Keep track of how long she sleeps during the day. Try to make her very active in the evening so that she could have a good night sleep. Sleep helps her brain development very quickly.

10) Talk in front of her or to her slowly and with low voice and keep smiling when you talk in front of her or with her. This will make her form an impression that communication is a pleasant experience.

I will write more later. I understand your in-laws are leaving. Keep your spirit high and your emotional status is key to her cognitive development.

Viswa

8. Caughtinbetween

9. Caughtinbetween

Thank you @Viswamitra uncle for your in depth reply. I feel humbled that you took such great pain in putting everything down on my menial request. I am really very touched by your kind gesture.

She gets loads and loads of hugs and kisses , infact more from H than me .

Now she responds well when you try to talk to her and smiles often . And she also started to hold little things with her hands ,tightly hold your dress when you lift her , started lifting her head up and pushes you back with her legs .
    I am waiting for her to turn over now . She is almost 14 weeks now .

I have very recently started reading to her.

Till now I didn't realize that she might get pain in hands and legs due to constant moving , started pressing her hands and legs from today .

She is a very light sleeper , i don't think she is sleeping over 12 hours a day .At day care she would hardly sleep for less than an hour at a go. After coming home , she would sleep well at night though.

I will start showing and telling colors , haven't tried it yet.

Have to document all the milestones for the baby , i remember getting a nice keepsake diary for it but didn't use it yet...hope to do it now. Will request day care to take pics too as i guess most of the milestones might occur while she is there. Because as it is i feel bad that by the time i am home , i am already tired and after doing all the work , i mostly end up with few pics of hers. Sometimes I end up with few days in between without any pics . I have to improve on it too.

Communication is one of the most important things for me that i am paranoid about. I want her not to be like me at any cost. I really get worried about it.
    Another fact that i worry about is , tomorrow for her to become more social , i have to actively participate in social gatherings so that she has more friends . And I for one don't have many friends but one . That is one worry which is constantly on my mind always.
    Thank you for your response . I really appreciate it.

Viswamitra likes this.