1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bigg Boss Tamil Season 2

Discussion in 'TV' started by Ranchu, Jun 11, 2018.

1. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

ha ha ha

you justified your user name :)

2. Rojagarden

Rojagarden Platinum IL'ite

:clap2:Supera sonninga. Somehow I can’t relate a good tamil movie with pale fair North Indian heroines. To me, only if all actors and actresses in a movie are tamilians, I can relate to the story well. For eg., in Kushi can’t rleate Jo as a tamil college girl. Similarly all movies of Aishwarya Rai in tamil, I feel it she was replaced with REAL tamil speaking heroines, people could relate better to the story and would have been better films. For this reason alone, I have an uneasy feeling while watching Shankar movies. I avoid watching some tamil movies just because there are NI heroines and esp when they have dubbing voices. I knew these heroines didn’t know what they were talking, When they were not true in the movie, how can I relate to the movie? I can attest most or all of the super duper tamil hit movies had tamil speaking heroines or Non-tamil heroines who knew tamil well. Eg. Mouna ragam, can’t imagine any NI heroine doing Revathy’s role.
    I can imagine Rithyvika doing Revathy’s role, but can’t imagine Yash or Aish doing that role:confused:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  3. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

True.. be it Blore days or other tamil movies, she did show lots of variety...
    Going off-topic, don’t you feel, tamil movie industry is lacking originality these days?
    Peak was when yesteryear directors like KB ruled... those period all tamil movies were remade now we remake all other language movies... we looked down Telugu movies now we will take ages to catch up to their standards... even low budget Telugu movies have something new.. tamil movies la name kuda they aren’t new... we are using the same old titles... athu kuda think panna mudila...

4. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Tuls, my response are as follows:-

What Anika and you have repeatedly said when talking about Yash- is how good she is when it comes to physical tasks. I've said this before and I'm saying it now- I do agree that she's good in tasks, in fact she's extremely good in tasks. Yash has the stamina and the strength, being a sportsperson. Tackling Snehan / Suja in a saree is not easy for a normal person, it's probably not easy for Yash too but she could do it because she has the strength.

But my point is, being good in physical tasks alone is not sufficient to become a BB winner.

If one only has to be good in physical tasks alone, then people like Ananth Vaidyanathan, TB and Janani should not have been selected to become contestants at all. But that is not the game, isn't it? The actual game is how a contestant behaves in the house with all the pressure that they had to withstand. This is where Rith scores higher than Yashika.

With Rithu, you can see sensibility and fairness whether when the task is on or whether at normal times. She doesn't backbite or think of ways to put a person down. More importantly, there is no vengeance in her. But with Yash, you do see that. I'm not sure who said it but someone mentioned before that "you would not want to have an enemy like Yash". That I do sense as well. In fact, during the final week, you can actually see vengeance in Yashika, especially when she's up against Viji, her least favorite person in the house. Please don't tell me, "Oh but Viji started first. Yashika only became violent after she was attacked. Appo oruthar adikka varum bothu, chumma nikka solluriya?"

Chumma nikka sollala. What Viji did was not right. But a normal person would have stopped the attack and warned Viji. At least Rith would have done that. But Yash just needed that one attack to give numerous attacks back. That is not fair play. That just spoiled the entire game. Shariq sonna maadiri, paarkuradhukkE kevalama irundhadhu. Both from Viji's side and Yash's side.

On a separate note- why I said that Yash had a comparatively smooth sailing journey was because many a times, she was given the opportunity to be excused from doing certain tasks which others did not get, courtesy of the people that she was hanging out with. And Yash also had backing and confidence which Rith never had in the beginning. You may recall that many liked Yash from the beginning. AV even called her as the most beautiful girl in the house. Even the rose exchanging incident, Yash got the most number of roses. But Rith did not even get a single rose.

You ask me what immense pressure that Rith had gone through- this is exactly the kind of pressure she faced. Rith is naturally reserved and quiet. And more than that, she knew that she wasn't making a mark because of her plain looks in comparison to the other girls who are more glamorous and outstanding. Whether getting a rose or being complimented for her looks, Rith was never at the receiving end of them. I don't know if you remember, but there was a time when Kamal casually said, "Rithvika neenga romba azhaga irukingga". The surprise and immense happiness in her eyes at that time, made me cry. How much she would have longed for such compliments which other girls may have got easily every now and then.

But more than not being complimented for her looks, being downgraded for the same is even worse.

When Ponnambalam was acting like Mahat, he described Rith as a garbage bin. I even asked here on whether Mahat used such words on Rith before and someone here said that Nithya had mentioned in one interview that Mahat used the cheri word and other derogatory words to describe Rith before. When Aish used the word "koranggu moonji", Rith said she was hurt only because her parents might have been hurt hearing those words uttered against her. She was just trying to be diplomatic then but surely the hurt of being called as such, that too in public, is painful. Which is probably why she lashed out at Vaish when the latter asked her not to wear makeup. If Vaish said, you look pretty without makeup, that's a different story. But she specifically asked, "nee yethukku make up podura? Podaathe. Ennaku pidikila". All that in the presence of another man (Sendrayan). "What is wrong in me wearing makeup? Ellarum podurangga, no one gets any bad comments. But when I wear them, I get insulted," isn't this what would have gone through in her mind.

Being commented with derogatory words on her looks, being looked down because she is not as glamorous, fair or pretty like the others, being ignored because she is not as outspoken and loud as others- all these do give immense pressure on one, especially when you are in the company of people who are far more accomplished than you in one way or another. Yet she endured all that, she never created a scene when someone makes fun of her looks or puts her down for her physical appearance or her quiet nature. In fact, she slowly blossomed from the quiet, nervous girl to the strong personality that she is now. That needs guts and mental strength. That is why her win was special to me, Tuls. Not because a dark, plain looking girl won. But a dark, plain looking girl who found her inner strength to rise above all the criticisms that she would have faced her entire life; a girl who faced so many obstacles in trying to gain some fame and yet never used a sympathy card to win; a girl who despite getting the opportunity, never once attempted to cheat or play cheap trick to win a game. That is why her win was special and meaningful. And that's why I think she truly deserves to be a winner.

5. candidheart

candidheart IL Hall of Fame

Read within quotes content also..

Also ladies, just because I said I cannot watch her as heroine, its not that she is not going to get any offers and be a failure or just because others are wishing her to do well, she will be super successfull and be top heroine. industry and her luck, hardwork or whatever will decide her future!. Good luck to her!

I remember one time you guys were pulling @ILT to not take yashkiha/analyze her so personally or seriously and I guess rithu supporters too shouldn't take Rithu or any comments about her so seriously/personally.

Enna ivlo ezhutha vechitinga...still dont know if I made my point clear ana ithoda stop pannikren.

ILoveTulips, HazelPup, Ranchu and 3 others like this.
  6. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

yashika for a bb winner isn't justified in wholesome.

if it was a game show on physical fitness then she would fit in aptly.

7. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

CH, when we asked ILT not to analyse Yash so seriously before, it was because she was looking at Yash from the "good friend perspective" alone. I know why and whom did ILT relate Yash with and that's why I told her not to take Yash so personally. But I've never stopped her from defending Yash. In fact, when I personally felt Yash was right (while others thought she's wrong), I too had supported the girl.

Again, defending Rithu here is not because I'm supporting her blindly. I have personally liked her as an actress before she came to BB and I have always wanted to see more of her. So when I saw her getting only small roles despite being a good actress and when many (not just in IL but outside as well) kept saying that she's not a heroine material- hence my question on why we are setting criteria for Rithvika when we turn a blind eye on the "glamorous-with-no-acting-talent" girls?

8. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

@candidheart I didn’t take it personally... I want to say a few things and clarify my side...
    We have reached a stage where it’s ok to break rules... I want to reframe the samething, why is it not ok to follow the rules...
    1. Why can’t we dress up appropriately when we stay with stranger men?
    2. Why can’t we stay away from men’s physical touch
    3. Why can’t we follow one man-one woman at one point of time... I am not against loving for the second time or third time.. but I am against two-timing..
    4. Why can’t we be unbiased?
    When live-in relationships/polyamory are becoming this days’ trend, when someone comes and follows all the above, I thought it’s something I should support.. rest other things whatever you said about her may or may not be true, but it doesn’t affect me.. because I see the bigger picture...
    I didn’t take your posts personally because she is neither my sister nor my daughter... Peace!!
    I am sorry had any of my posts hurt you or your beliefs...

9. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

BB was grinding the same batter again and again... let me not do the same.. bye for now guys!! Will see you all in a fun thread!!

10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Are you leaving anu?
    It was good while it lasted...
    Had great fun in this thread with you all