1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What To Do

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by nakshatra1, Sep 28, 2018.

1. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

Yes, I saw that, very nice thread by u.It's so important to nurture our friendship with best friend(s).And also this forum is so much support, so many stranger ladies from afar empathising with ur emotions/problems , and giving u honest, realistic non-judgmental support and solutions that work.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

When I was younger and vented more, I used to suddenly pause the nagging/venting, and intersperse a "how do you put up with me?" amid all the non-stop talk from me.

Amica, hridhaya, Amulet and 2 others like this.
  3. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

What is bothering you that you have to vent about everyday ? Sometimes even the smallest things can irritate terribly while one can sail through the big problems with a smile. So it really depends.
    I am not sure but I think you do not have kids yet. There will be lots more to vent when that happens. ( ranges from kid A hasn’t pooped today to kid B has wet the bed again ). So leave the venting for later.
    Come home and play some good music to elevate your mood. Once you step outside your office leave all the thoughts about work behind. I normally would end my work day planning what I would cook for dinner and which movie I would watch after that.

4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Does he care? He’s probably used to being your only true friend and sounding board.
    I would intermittently sprinkle some date nights, dinners, fun things etc and “keep a quite mouth” and listen after a week or two of complaints. These days I’ve stopped making it exclusively him. What are girl friends for? Women with same age kids/same kind of lifestyle are all good to vent about. Might get some tips too.
    While I lived in India I used to do the maid complaints etc to neighbors. They had the same complaints too. They can identify with maid not coming, driver taking sick leave suddenly, school bus not showing up on time etc etc etc. I miss those girls.

5. nakshatra1

Yes u r right, I don't have kids yet ... hmm leave the venting for later hahaha

I don't know why I give so much importance to small events- maybe I have over sensitive nature .Yes, the tips are very good, I should do that. especially playing good music, we do that on weekends .Also planning cooking etc in advance distracts us from negative thoughts and makes us more productive.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    SinghManisha likes this.
  6. nakshatra1

You are right, maybe he got used to it.. Don't know why although I talk regularly with my best friend, but we can't meet so often so I find it weird to talk these small things on phone.. but I end up telling to husband unnecessary negative experiences. Should not make him as sounding board.
    Like u said, should take breaks from all these for positive experiences. its possibly because we reduced going out to movies/restaurants /trips..monotonous experiences make us slightly irritable. Need to plan day to day life better.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    Laks09 likes this.
  7. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Forget everything. Offer him water. Look at him and tell him how much you missed him the whole day. Then ask him how his day was. Then just sit quitely and feel his presence. After sometime tell him something that you want to but dont just start take the issues one by one and check his mood every time. Keep yourself busy with things that does not need his involvement.

hridhaya and SinghManisha like this.
  8. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

You cannot bottle up emotions at the end of the day. Getting it out of our system is necessary.

Most men (or the husbands) know 'how to tune out' when someone is rattling to them or know
    the cue - buzz words to carry out the conversation well! It's no big deal, it is better than silence
    or just the clinking of dishes at home.

Alternatively, write a journal - few sentences daily what do you like to share.

Amica likes this.
  9. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

This is so cute. I want to steal this and add it to my "sweet nothings" collection.
    This would work as a great compliment for a sweet dH.

nakshatra1 likes this.
  10. perfundo

perfundo Silver IL'ite

Being a guy, I can tell you, guys don't really dislike nonstop talking wives. in fact, when you tell every little detail, it makes us feel nice in way that you do care so about us. However, the problem is, you expect the same thing in return, which won't work out well, because, most of the things don't register in men's head from routine life.

Don't feel guilty about your volubility, instead ask your H, if you really went overboard right away. Ask him lovingly, if it stresses him further when you complain about things. if you know he has his own bigger problems in life that he is dealing with, you could ask him, what is he thinking about xyz, does that worry him etc. We love it when wives genuinely inquire about things that worry us.

It is easy to balance out, if you get real time feedback from your husband than the folks here. :)

Alternately, learn a about his favorite sport, sports person, ask a bit detailed question or comment about it. Your husband will end up feeling guilty of speaking too much. :D

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018