1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Should Your Spouse's Enemy Aslo Be Your Enemy ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by friendabc, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

GOOD ONE

2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Anyone who disrespects my spouse is dead to me. I am his Ardhangini, Sahadharmini, Sahakarmini and Sahayogini. And his Sharer of Foes. :innocent:

3. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

"Anyone who disrespects my spouse is dead to me. I am his Ardhangini, Sahadharmini, Sahakarmini and Sahayogini. And his Sharer of Foes."
    nice to see two different perspectives @mangaii @Sunshine04 and @Amica ..in two consecutive postings!!!!
    the diversity of perspectives is what makes the discussion enriched

Amica likes this.
  4. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the tag Op.
    My answer to your thread is a NO.
    Am also not comfortable with liking or disliking someone under obligation. To grow above enmity and maintain a cordial relationship is where we can retain relationship. I was holding myself behind the barrier 'your enemy is my enemy' loyalty,and now I landed in no first circle,second circle relatives for my kids. I would support my h enmity towards anyone,I wont grow enmity towards them as we are two individuals.
    H growing enmity towards someone and someone growing enmity towards h are entirely two different things.

shravs3 and SinghManisha like this.
  5. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

@BerryPine

Am also not comfortable with liking or disliking someone under obligation.
    -- i think i shd elaborate my thread... i asked it 'out of love' not 'obligation'

To grow above enmity and maintain a cordial relationship is where we can retain relationship.
    ---what if the person is a distant relative and continuously insults ur better half

I was holding myself behind the barrier 'your enemy is my enemy' loyalty,and now I landed in no first circle,second circle relatives for my kids. I would support my h enmity towards anyone,I wont grow enmity towards them as we are two individuals.

-- do u really want to be friends with those people who r enemy of ur husband ? is that because u think that ur husband was wrong /at fault ?? (if that is the case then u r absolutely right )what if he was 100% right and the other relatives were the wrong ones??

H growing enmity towards someone and someone growing enmity towards h are entirely two different things.
    -- ok. i think what i get from this is that u Do think that there was some mistake of ur hubby for the impaired relationship.

thanks a lot for ur reply with example :clap2: ...i just asked few questions to understand the real situation . if u can pls explain it otherwise pls ignore them ... i think i shdve elaborated that in my thread ...i'll check it out if i can do that . thanks again:hello:

6. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

After pondering on the issue:confundio1::confundio1: ...i think the conclusion is (or at least ---it should be):clap2: --->

IDEALLY ..As partners, you should be each other’s biggest supporters, no matter what.:angel:
    In a successful marriage, we see our partner as the go-to person in our time of need.
    Supportivness is actually considered to be a pure form of love.
    if one cant not rely on his/her partner for support , then there must be some level of DISCONNECTEDNESS in the marriage ..and there must be some distrust between the couple, and their relationship is not as close as it should be.
    i just can not find any other reason as to explain the unwillingness to support your partner against his /her enemy ...:confundio1::confundio1:

cur123 likes this.
  7. cur123

cur123 Senior IL'ite

SO you willnot support your husband?

8. cur123

cur123 Senior IL'ite

it is not question of freedom . it is question of loyalty. and sorry to say this but don't you love your husband enough to support him? i found it quite disloyal .

9. troubledmom

troubledmom Gold IL'ite

This is completely ridiculous. You asked a hypothetical question and we answered in good faith according to what we felt was correct. Now you are using the same to point at us and tell us there is something wrong in our marriages and we are disloyal to our husbands???!!! Why even ask the question if you already know the answer and are so judgemental?
    And on top of that lecturing us on what we ought to be doing? Too much
    I will take care to avoid your threads in future. Out of here

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2018
    SinghManisha and mangaii like this.
  10. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

What a waste of time and energy

SinghManisha likes this.