Countdown To 2019

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by HappyBunny, Sep 23, 2018.

1. HappyBunny

HappyBunny Silver IL'ite

Usually, I make new year resolutions on Jan 1st and they recede into the hazy corners of my memory by the time February rolls in. I am going to try a different approach for 2019.

There are 100 days between Sept 23rd and Dec 31st. I recently made some short and long term goals and I am planning to commit one hour each day towards reaching them.

There are just too many things I want to do, but I wanted these goals to be SMART. I struggled to come up with only a few because everything seemed important.

But I finally made a list and they are specific, achievable, and relevant to me; The target date is the New Year. I wrote down the measure for each.

1. Read 2 books from my must read list. Measure: I will write down the summary of each chapter for later reference.
    2. Learn two work related topics that I have been putting off. Measure: I will create two PoCs.
    3. Learn 10 Yoga poses for back pain with the correct breathing technique. 1 per 10 days. Measure: I will be able to do a back pain sequence without watching a video.
    4. Complete an online course. This is a lot of hours and the most important to me. Measure: I will write down the summary of each module for later reference.

I tried to fight off the urge to create this thread but it helped to post here the last time I did something like this so here I am.

2. ragnarok

ragnarok Senior IL'ite

@HappyBunny Really good to see this thread and Best Wishes in completing the 4 smart goals.
    Really glad to see how you channel the time in your life, for betterment.
    Truly feels like a breath of fresh air. Update the thread when you can in your journey. :thumbsup:

HappyBunny likes this.
  3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My daughter has been learning about seasons at school and sat up bolt upright this morning with, "Today is the first day of fall!" That's when it struck me that two thirds of the year is done. I was reflecting on the same thing all day -- 100 days until the year draws to a close -- and what I want this year to have meant in terms of personal growth. This is usually the time of year I take a sabbatical from IL to focus exclusively on real life. A step-back is in order if not a total moratorium. Thanks for this thread. It was just the impetus I needed to crystallize my own plans for the 100 day dash. Good luck on your goals!

Laks09 and HappyBunny like this.
  4. HappyBunny

HappyBunny Silver IL'ite

Laks09 and Gauri03 like this.
  5. HappyBunny

HappyBunny Silver IL'ite

Sept 23 (Day 1): Read a chapter of Book 1 and made notes.

6. HappyBunny

HappyBunny Silver IL'ite

Sept 24 (Day 2): Online course (made notes)

7. HappyBunny

HappyBunny Silver IL'ite

Sept 25 (Day 3): Read a chapter of Book 2 and made notes.

8. HappyBunny

HappyBunny Silver IL'ite

Sept 26 (Day 4): Read a chapter of Book 1 and made notes.

Gauri03 likes this.
  9. HappyBunny

HappyBunny Silver IL'ite

Sept 27 (Day 5): Book 1, made notes.

Gauri03 likes this.
  10. HappyBunny

HappyBunny Silver IL'ite

Sept 28 (Day 6): Book 1, again (this is the easiest and I am too distracted for anything else)

Gauri03 likes this.