Is Severe Hair Fall Related To Irregular Periods? Hair Fall After Coming To Usa

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by gknew, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Biolage shampoo and conditioner is good. It comes in different varieties for color treated hair, dry hair, for volume etc. It is sulfate free, paraben free and has a mild smell.

gknew likes this.
  2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Your problem is an every woman's nightmare. I am in India, but a relative who went to US for 6 months returned semi bald. Almost a year later, her hair has grown back a bit. So I guess you can blame anything and everything right from hormonal imbalance, vitamin deficiencies, stress, changes in the environment...

Everytime you oil your hair, try mixing 2 vit E (400 mg) capsule contents in a teaspoon of the oil you are using. If possible leave it overnight and wash. See if it helps.

Lol! I have read a quote that says something like, 'Households with women and cats shouldn't complain about hair lying all around the place'! Hairfall indeed saps one of all happiness and peace.

gknew and shravs3 like this.
  3. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

As others said change of weather,food habit causes hormone imbalance and results in hair fall. Body heat is also a culprit for volumous hairfall.
    Besides that,using warm to hot water on scalp opens the pores and that leads to extra hairfall. It advisable to use cold to room temperature. Thats why during any spa one get steam and a wash with cold water to close the pores.
    Avoid using conditioners and thank me later.

If you have any spot baldness/fall,try ginger juice- apply and leave over night.It helps blood circulation and promotes new hair growth. Also palmers hair success grow treatment with vitamin E worked for me.Other than coconut oils,try blackseed oil.

gknew and shravs3 like this.
  4. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

OP , Sorry for the typing error. Its Sodium lauryl sulfate, also called SLS. Most of the shampoos contain this. I mentioned Head and shoulders as its one of the popular brand, I dont have anything against it. I was used to natural shampoos while in India ( I make my own shampoo using hibiscus, herbs etc). When I started artificial ones, it elevated hair fall. So check the content of the shampoo before buying it. Try very mild ones for daily use.

gknew likes this.
  5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I don't know whether it's just the reason of shifting to America. Most American women and even foreigners especially Chinese, Korean, Thai and Middle Eastern women have phenomenal thick and lustrous hair. Maybe we should ask them their secrets.

gknew likes this.
  6. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

I am using biotin shampoo now..I am not sure if it's a mild one. How do you say if the shampoo is mild or not. What should we check for that?

7. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much for your reply..
    I haven't tried blackseed oil yet. Will try that.
    What is Palmer's hair success grow treatment?

8. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thank you..I will try that shampoo..

9. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thank you..Yes..I am using vitamin E oil now..Let me wait and see the results..

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  10. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Is there any major lifestyle change? For example using hot water for hairbath?. Try to use water at room temperature. For me it was a major change. In India,as ambient temperatures are high, I was used to normal temperatures for bath Hot water can also make scalp dry.

gknew likes this.