1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationships Forum Chatter & Grey Matter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Jun 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@pinky2cute, such infantilizing of grown children by parents is more common than we think. I know of a case where a woman was treated by parents like your in-laws treat DH. Eerie similarities of taking care of the grown child's laundry, buying undergarments, calling many times in the day, even to the point of monthly period dates and regularity of bowel movements tracked by parent and bigger things like money management. Seen with my eyes and heard with my ears... if I hadn't I wouldn't believe such parent-child relationships exist.

Parents and grown child are physically and mentally healthy. None needing to be so dependent on or in-charge of the other.

2. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

@JAG n the to be worstmil mummy whoever,
    Keep your nose out of my threads and stop lifting up parts from my post and cooking up stories in ur mind.
    Yes this is an open forum so the more u cook silly stories and demean the poster, then you will get it back too.

And there is a section of "fiction" . You will be welcomed with open arms there to cook your imaginations.

Thank you :)

shravs3 and Sunshine04 like this.
  3. pinky2cute

Yes rihana,
    Even i knw kne of my college mate who used to be my room mate too. She was like how you mentioned.
    Her father used to accompany her to stores to buy undergarments nall thesepampering.

I do not say its only sons mothers who spoils. Yes there are girls parents also who pampers and spoils.

I meant exactly as you said that there is no need of an adult child who is married to be treated like a baby and pamper him or her too much.

4. pinky2cute

Yes exactly i do not want my posts to bepulled into such discussions like a thief behind myback.

shravs3 likes this.
  5. ragz2richez

ragz2richez Bronze IL'ite

You do find most posts/posters who post quite frank and views opposing what you prefer to hear as rude. Even when Rihana has posted in past threads that way, you have said the same. Just that currently she concurred with you.

I agree with JAG - that absolutely nothing wrong in a mom feeding her son/dau, and age or marital status does not come into the picture.

6. ragz2richez

If you so detest 'here', then why post 'here' and then complain about ? Seems complaining is joyous?

7. pinky2cute

Well you people should not post whatyou cook as imaginations and then blame the poster. Change your thinking first. Just because you think you are frank doesnt make the poster to think you are right. I find you Wrong and i will judge you too as you do.

See who talks about agreeing just because you concurr with so called this JAG.

Lol very funny

shravs3 likes this.
  8. ragz2richez

You are going to be a great MIL? Says who?
    People are free to post in ANY thread, if you don't want a public thread , then you don't create a thread here. That's simpler, rather than trying to order others around here. You are no more or no less welcome here, than any other person. So, get that simple thing right first.

SunPa likes this.
  9. pinky2cute

It was nothing concerned abt you so why the hell are you replying me.
    My post was lifted from my thread and demeaning me so I have right to give it back too. Face what you do

shravs3 likes this.
  10. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana go back and read ur post. It was one line with no conditions. No caveats. Disclaimers have been added I see but such statements cause needless reinforcement of stereotyping.
    For why u had to apologize for quoting u need to give me more context. The poster whose poem I quoted was also in the thread in a similar situation. Adult getting fed by mother as she was rushing to work. And no I did not start a thread. I wanted ur take on an exact same situation. Posted in a tangential thread which is for that exact purpose of not derailing the original thread.

@pinky2cute U should go back and read what u wrote to me and others. If the way u lash out at posters is any indication of how you handle things in real life I feel sorry for ur husband and ur PIL.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.