1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Group for Ponniyin Selvan Lovers

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by AkilaPaarri, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Laxmikrsnan

Laxmikrsnan Silver IL'ite

Proud to join the club...

Have been reading PS from age 10... Azhwarkkadiyan, Arulmozhi, Vanthiyathevan and Anbil Anirutthar are my favourites.

Rajeni and blackbeauty84 like this.
  2. sunnygowri

sunnygowri New IL'ite

Hi I found Complete ponniyin selvan novel in Audio format.

Karthiga and PavithraS like this.
  3. Summasumma

Summasumma Guest

I listened to this audiobook by Sri. wonderful narration esp. he does voice modulation for female char. Nandhindi, Kundavi and Vanathi is superb. Also he has a female singer to sing all songs from saivism and vaishnavism when the char like aazhvarkadiyar and Raja Matha talks on them...The cauvery and north west monsoon narration takes u to golden period of Chola delta that is now seen as a mere desert with all those dams in cauvery origin and its 20 tributaries. When Chola soldiers and prisoners can build Veeranam lake inspite of being surrounded by hostile enemies its sad to see our million plus armed force enjoying their time in cantonment during these peace times...why no one thinks of using the 8% plus budget spend on army constructively in a water starving population explosion country like India. You can build many Veeranams in this technology advance era instead of doing unnecessary strikes and harthals claiming farm loan waivers etc...

4. boons

boons Bronze IL'ite

5. boons

boons Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    I m a die hard fan of PS. I never thought I d find a grp for this in IL. THOUGH it was started by u in 15 , it's still bringing out the excitement and I m sending u this reply.
    I M IN FACEBOOK PS GRP. They kind of meet over and discuss in person and all and visit all the places where PS happened.
    There is no boundary for KALKi novels especially PS. MY MOST MOST FAV BOOK. I still have the 1950s weekly issues bounded by my granma and I bought recently all PS.
    I did see that drama they performed few yrs bk. But it's not like reading the book.
    I started reading when I was 9 years old and I ll really hide under the cot and inside the bedsheets in the dim light from the street the first time.
    I was besotted with the story and will be reading on and onn. At one point reading alwarkadiyan series , I ll start laughing loud and my parents decided that I became a nut.
    And every holiday from then on , it was enough if PS WAS THERE.
    My most fav character was ARULMOZHI VARMAN AND VANDIYATHEVAN. But kundavai and oomai arasi also.
    TNX FOR KINDLING MY INTEREST AGAIN.

6. boons

boons Bronze IL'ite

I ve read it again n again more than 1000 times. Every quarterly, half yearly and summer holidays , I was with PS. EVERY TIME , I m besotted wth the way kauvery s described. My grandparents were from trichy and there ll be the river near my grand moms house and we used to go morning n evening to fetch water and ll surely take a dip. Also I studied my primary schooling in tanjore. So will go for weekend playing to sivaganga park. So it was like nostalgic to read PS after coming to chennai ,to read about tanjore, the king , ghee palace which I had visited as a child. Donno,but I love reading about Tanjore , PS, and Rajakali Raja Chozha.

7. boons

boons Bronze IL'ite

What is Udaiyar novel?who wrote it??after reading PS , I didn't want to read any other historical novels.

8. gayababu

gayababu New IL'ite

hi, im gayathri, die hard fan of ponniyin selvan.. nice to meet u

9. gayababu

gayababu New IL'ite

lets have a detailed discussions about each characters

10. gayababu

gayababu New IL'ite

instead of listening to audio form, reading gives a different experience. we can go on our imaginations and enjoy. its my feeling