Turmeric Milk

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Starkgirl, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Starkgirl

Starkgirl Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Does anyone know if turmeric milk is safe during pregnancy, I have very bad congestion and sinus headache so thinking of drinking turmeric milk for couple of days to see if it helps with my cold .

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I think it won't affect. Few ppl might say it's hot. Don't take for long time. But if you are used to it, it won't affect you.

Starkgirl likes this.
  3. dollysonpari

dollysonpari Silver IL'ite

Hi
    If u r in early stage of pregnancy.. Sinus and congestion would gradually go away soon..If u feel comfortable U can try neti pot which is safe during pregnancy for sinus congestion. oil pulling helps too.. If u find very difficult to handle it u should consult ur doctor. Sipping luke warm or warm liquid and soups might help. I have no idea about turmeric milk.As I have no idea about the amount of turmeric ur planning to add in the milk.. coz one or two pinches of turmeric is really not going to help for cold and sinus congestion out of my personal experience..If u r in very early stage of pregnancy its better to avoid turmeric apart from regular cooking.

Best Wishes!!!

Starkgirl likes this.
  4. Starkgirl

Starkgirl Silver IL'ite

Thank you both
    I am drinking turmeric milk only once in a while now , my sinus issue is still bad ... went to doctor yesterday as I started feeling feverish but no fever. Doctor asked me to take Benadryl which is safe during pregnancy.
    I do use neti pot,I take steam, rub Vick’s vapor rub but still nothing works as I have nasal septum.

5. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Oh my goodness! congratulations! Its been so long. how are you girl?

dairy when you have cold is not a good idea. It doesnt break down easily. If i were you, i would avoid dairy for now. take something else for calcium intake.

OK, for flu-like symptoms, you can safely use Essential Oils instead of medications. There are plenty of them out there (Saje, DoTerra, oils from Mountain Rose Herbs etc). Check it out.

Do this for colds, if you are open to this: 1 tbsp warm pure coconut oil, 1 drop of pure eucalyptus essential oil. Rub it over your chest, feet, nose, neck.
    For fever: 1 tbsp pure coconut oil + 1 drop of pure frankincense oil + 2 drops of peppermint oil.

You can use these on kid too when he/she is born. I have moved on to natural living and really, its making a world of difference without having to rely on medications.