1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

My 15kg Weight Loss Journey..dedicated Buddies Pls Join Me..lets Loose The Extra Flab

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by felonopsis, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

Ladies..
    Even I want to join back...
    .I have neither lost or gained in past the 2 months...
    So Iam 61.5 now and Target is 58

2. lathadivakar

lathadivakar Bronze IL'ite

Hi Daffodil,

I personally like VRK diet as I have followed many types of diet patterns.
    My 3 cycle IVF also failed and my weight stands at 76 now. From next month will start again VRK diet. This time my target is to reach 60. I know this is very tough because reduction from Over weight to normal is very slow process. I am trying to give clarification for your doubts. it may help you.

1. Have you done 1 meal or 2 meal plan? If so, can you tell me some sample plan you followed. Maybe 1 day sample...

Actually I didn't bounded for only one plan. because my body was not responded like others so I followed liquid-1 meal- 2 meal some times 3- meal (especially around periods time)
    Example of 3 meal diet I followed

Empty stomach water/normal water with lemon/ warm water with lemon - 1/2 litre
    veg curry and soaked nuts - curry prepared with unsalted butter/ghee/coconut oil (I used to prepare curry around 20gms butter/ghee/coconut oil however, after consuming it will be considered as below 10 gms)
    Multivitamin tablet
    Hot water with 20-30 gm coconut oil/ghee/butter and some times I added in black coffee or green tea
    omelette prepared with 2-3 eggs ate along with some portion of raw coconut (generally I used 1 coconut for 3 days) for this also I used 20gms butter/ghee/coconut oil
    Hot water with 20-30 gm coconut oil/ghee/butter and some times I added in black coffee or green tea
    Cucumber and carrot salad
    if my daily portion of fat (70 gm intake) is not completed then again
    entire day when ever I feel thirst drank water/water with lemon.
    we must drink 4 litre water and 3 lemon per day.

2. If so, have you followed exactly as mentioned by him like taking coconut oil etc and also mentioned quantity of fat?

yes. first 10 days 70-100 fat from day 11 we have to reduce 30-50gms

3. I tried on 1 day and was ok till evening. Evening i felt so hungry and ate as normal.

Starting at least3 days it will be tough later it will be smooth. Starting you go with 3 meal but 3r meal should be low calorie like salad. later u reduce to 2 or 1 meal.

Daffodil13 likes this.
  3. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

Good Morning Ladies.,

This month I have planned to work out regularly.

Morning - Cardio for half an hour
    Evening - 8700 steps (Last 3 days)

4. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Thanks so much Latha for your detailed diet plan info. It surely helps me a lot. I am also planning to start again from tomorrow. But mostly I will do 3 meal plan becoz I need to travel to office and handle two kids at home so 2 meal or 1 meal doesn't work out for me...I might get tired soon and give up easily so instead of that I wanted to do 3 meal plan.

Everything was some how manageable for me , but drinking Oil/Ghee mixed with hot water is a big NO NO. I couldn't drink at all...I have a doubt. Is it mandatory to take oil with water? Or can I skip it if i dont feel tired...?

Last time when I followed, i did below

Morning : Warm water+ 1 lemon
    BF: 2 eggs omelette
    Mid morning: soaked nuts & Flax seeds
    Lunch: Any veg curry + 1 veg soup
    Mid evening : Cucumber+ carrot salad
    Night: Any veg curry+ soup Or 1 omelette+Soup

Whole day kept on drinking water and lemon water....Skipped Oil part and night before sleeping 1 multivitamin tablet.

I could do only one day...Second day till evening and gave up..:grimacing:This time, wanted to do at least 1 week to 10 days and see the results

5. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

And also, Dont worry/stress much dear...God will soon bless you with Little One..!!
    Sometimes when we think much on something It doesn't happen, but when forget it and move ahead...Surprisingly Things happen that time...:)

Now maybe concentrate on weight loss & healthy eating for a while...

lathadivakar likes this.
  6. lathadivakar

Hi
    Intake of 70-100 gms of fat is must n first 10days to start ketogenesis. if we skip that part it won't consider as VRK diet 60% game is depending on this. If you are unable to take in water you can have it with soup or adding extra ghee while eating like that...

and one more correction don't eat soaked nuts and seeds separately try to include with meal otherwise it will be considered as 1 more meal.

try to continue till 15 days from day11 you have to reduce fat intake to 30-50 gms. and please take care after stopping diet. please watch diet break videos carefully.

If your body responds quickly results will be amazing. one of my friend followed this diet she reduced almost 8-9 kg in 10 days. she is in class 1 obese category however, while starting my diet first time, I am also in class 1 obese category but reduced only 3.5-4 kg in first 10 days. results differs person to person and situations.

All the best

7. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Hii Latha,

Thanks so much for clarifying. Then Let me take 70 gms fat daily in one way or other. I hope I get 7-8 kgs loss at least. I will plan to do it for 15 days and see results. will update you..:)

Thanks so much to remind me to watch diet break videos. I haven't seen yet.

In the mid, I have close relatives visiting home during this weekend. They are far from very long time and visiting us...so had to prepare many delicacies and can't avoid eating them. I can still resist but can't answer all their questions on why I am not eating this/that etc.. How to handle it? Have you skipped in mid for a day or so while following this plan? And how do you handle outside function/party events and food there? Can we eat that day and again start as normal from next day onwards?

Sorry for too many questions but I am starting this for first time and had lot of doubts..

8. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Sorry for hijacking this thread with my queries...I will post a new thread on VRK diet related queries...;)

9. lathadivakar

[QUOTE="Daffodil13, post: 4077906, member: 465757"
    In the mid, I have close relatives visiting home during this weekend. They are far from very long time and visiting us...so had to prepare many delicacies and can't avoid eating them. I can still resist but can't answer all their questions on why I am not eating this/that etc.. How to handle it? Have you skipped in mid for a day or so while following this plan? And how do you handle outside function/party events and food there? Can we eat that day and again start as normal from next day onwards?
    [/QUOTE]

You can start again next day but weight reduction will halt for some days. Solid diet around 7-10 days and liquid at least 3 days.
    I also faced this situation 2 times. Every time started again with liquid diet after 3 days weight loss started again.

10. goldenhoney87

goldenhoney87 Silver IL'ite

I was a silent watcher of this thread.
    But now decided to hop in.
    Am 8kg away from ideal weight(current weight 70kg, height 162cm) but main motivation is develop healthy eating habits primarily from everyone here and stop finding comfort in food.