1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Toddler Keeps Getting Sick

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Sweety2016, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

@Sweety2016, my prayers are with your LO for a full and speedy recovery. Big hugs to you. Stay strong!

sweety127 likes this.
  2. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

I hope your daughter is doing well. Sending lots of good wishes to her. As a mother I can understand what you are going through. I am sure she will be fine soon.

sweety127 likes this.
  3. sweety127

sweety127 Gold IL'ite

Prayers or earnestness definitely has an effect. Her fever miraculously disappeared with no chain reactions and this is a completely new experience to me. Whenever she gets a fever, it culminates into a severe cold-cough, stomach infection that lasts for a week but this time I was liberated off that pain may be because I have endured the worst the previous week.

I am not a devotee of Sai baba but a friend of mine told me to pray to him and challenged me that if I seek him he will make me experience his presence in some way or the other. Later on that day, I was aimlessly flipping through the channels when I saw a TV called Sai TV which I had not seen before. When I clicked it, aarathi of Shirdi sai baba was going on. I half heartedly prayed that if at all my daughter's fever goes away, I ll visit Shiridi and for the past 3 days she is doing ok without fever. So all is well for now..Thank you so much ladies for your supporting words and prayers. You will not even know what sort of an impact it left on me that horrid night. I reread reread it again and again till I fell asleep early in the morning..

Just noticed this..I am sweety 2016 as well and it is my new id since I forgot my pwd for sweety127 account. Today I came back to office and my office pc has my pwd stored.

Amica, anushri and kkrish like this.
  4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Glad your child is better.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    Amica likes this.
  5. TaniGudiya

TaniGudiya New IL'ite

Hi.... Please do not feel so disappointed.. Have faith in God.. Everything will be fine.

6. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Don't worry dear..
    After ur daughter recovers completely consult a paediatrician and check with them about ways to boost the child s immunity...be careful while giving outside food items, and give be more of home cooked nutritious food..
    Is ur baby going to play school or daycare? If he's then maybe she is getting exposed to infection due to close contact with other kids.

7. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

I hope your kiddo is better soon.
    I know it so hard to see a pretty innocent and naughty face suddenly lying in bed .. and not doing mischiefs.
    But its part of growing up. We make mistakes and learn from them and also kids build immunity.
    Do not be harsh on yourself.
    My kid always get sick and mostly infection etc when we go to India. Mostly food poisioning as we we train's or outside food when we travel. But this is something we can not avoid. I curse myself and many times people sorrounding but i know noone is at fault here.
    So keep calm. Doc must be giving some antibiotics. They help with infections and usually it takes 3-4 days to recover. Keep her at home for atleast week.

8. RhythmOfRain

RhythmOfRain New IL'ite

You have to be a strong mother for your little one.