Planning to migrate to Australia...Pls help

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by celia17, Oct 28, 2015.

1. celia17

celia17 Silver IL'ite

Hello All,

I am Celia,currently living in kualalumpur,malaysia. I have a 11 month old boy.Me & husband are thinking about getting a PR in Australia. But we dont knw how much possible it is and how to start/proceed with it. I need suggestion and help.

Sorry for posting an already discussed topic,I saw earlier posts about this but i want fresh answers.

We both have 9-10 yrs experience in IT.

1. He is into insurance/testing and I am in Mainframes. how much is the possibility of getting PR?How about the job opps?
    2. He is 34 yrs and I am 32, we r thinking in applying for me since my age will give us more points,but i am currently not working. Will it be a problem?
    3. Pls give me details of applying, how and where to start with?
    4. Should we take the help of an agent/consultant or can we do ourselves? Does taking an agent help inthe success?
    5. How complex is the IELTS?

Thanks alot. Awaiting reply.

2. celia17

celia17 Silver IL'ite

ladies,no reply?:cry:

3. Veera82

Veera82 New IL'ite

Hi which city u want to come in Aus?

4. jyothips

jyothips New IL'ite

Hi Celia,
    Are you still looking for response or you have started your process?

5. SSSMagic

SSSMagic Bronze IL'ite

Hi Celia
    Did u got job?

6. akrutisyd

akrutisyd Senior IL'ite

Hi Celia,
    There are many things to be considered for PR and settling in Aus, would suggest see a genuine consultant who can validate your current situation with the possible options. Visas and immigration rules change almost every year, so better to see a consultant.

7. MrCroc

MrCroc Silver IL'ite

Donno if it is too late but I have Aus PR. Here are your answers. BTW I did my application all by myself :-

1. Take a look at this : Australian Skilled Occupation List 2017-2018 - New World Immigration

If you hubby applies for, he can got for 190 visa (which take a bit longer because it requires a state to sponsor you). BTW, does your hubby do manual testing or automation? If he does automation then may be he can claim to be a Software Engineer and go for 189 visa.

If you apply you can possibly go for 'Systems Analyst' or if you are a developer then 'Software Engineer' or 'Developer Programmer'. We need to know more about your duties to comment.

Now if you can prove your points then it is more of less sure.

2. Not working currently is a bit of trouble but not exactly a deal breaker. The toughest part comes with salary. Meaning you have to prove that you were working on a salary which is comparable to your experience and post.

3. I will say start with ACS assessment. It is the slowest part. The process it too long to document in one reply but ACS is a good place to start. In parallel, clear IELTS (you or hubby). If you can manage 8.0 or above in ALL sections then thats a HUGE point booster. If you want to know what to start immediately, I will say IELTS and Letter of Reference with all details of duty from employers. It takes time at times.

Lets see..

Both you and hubby will be in slot 33-39 so 25 points
    I am assuming both of you have bachelor of Engg or MCA so 15 points
    Claiming spouse skill will be easy so 5 more
    That makes 45 points.
    If you can get 8.0 and above it will be 65 points and you are home! Without any mess of points for experience!

4. I did it all by myself, but if you feel overwhelmed then get help. Mark from Northam & Associates helped me in answering few technical questions regarding paper work and checking my point calculation. You dont exactly always need it but sometimes it is good to have. Remember ALL the application documentation / online forms you do is LEGAL paper work and can be used against you IF there is ANY discrepancy there. And in law 'I didn't know the law' is not a defence.

5. IELTS I will say :-
    5.a Getting 6.0 and above in all sections is very easy.
    5.b Getting 7.0 and above in all sections is not difficult.
    5.c Getting 8.0 in listening and reading is again not too difficult.
    5.d Getting 7.5 and above in writing is a bit hard unless you have practiced GRE in your past lives.
    5.e Getting 7.5 and above in speaking is HARD and sometimes very hard because many evaluators are very conservative about giving those score.

That said.... I got 9.0L/9.0R/8.5W/7.5S in first attempt. I applied for reval in speaking and the score was bumped to 8.5 in speaking. So... it is doable, surely.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    sanchu and PinkRubies like this.
  8. sanchu

sanchu New IL'ite

@ celia17 Sorry to add in your thread. @MrCroc your description is quite clear. Am in the same stage as Celia.
    I will be 35 next year and my husband 37 we don't have kids yet(on medical treatment), will that be a problem. We both are Electronics engineers over 10+ years of experience. I want apply with out any agent's help do you think it will be feasible. Can i also know what are documents we have to keep ready during the process. I have many more questions could you help me to answer those?

9. DavidW

DavidW New IL'ite

The IT industry in Australia is going slow at this time, so you may need to reconsider it otherwise it will be a major mistake, good luck