1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Helped My Babies Diaper Rash.....

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by lathakatragadda, Jun 1, 2018.

1. lathakatragadda

lathakatragadda New IL'ite

Hi All,

My baby had a diaper rash that lasted for about 2 months. We applied zinc oxide cream initially and it did not show any results. We called the doctors office, they suggested to change diapers regularly and apply desitin for the rash. We did the same and still there is no change.
    I stopped using wipes, started using cloth with water to clean for every diaper change and changed diapers regularly still there was no change.
    We stopped wearing diapers for the air to pass during day time... Even that did not help...:(
    I searched online and got a petroleum jelly that is used for diaper rash.. it only helped him a little.
    We worried a lot seeing the babies condition... because it is very difficult for him to sit and the pain troubled a lot in sleeping. Even when we carried he had lot of pain and babies can't express.
    Then we traveled to my friends house which is a 5 hours journey for an urgent work... and the worst part is babies diaper rash increased a lot..
    Seeing the condition my friend suggested to use coconut oil..
    We started using coconut oil and then finally......... rash disappeared....and it never came back....
    I change his diaper regularly, clean with wipes and use coconut oil every time I change the diaper.
    I prefer Organic coconut oil or home made for babies.

I know many mothers out there would have faced the same problems... Every baby is different... Please share your experiences which will help many mothers....

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018

2. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

Hello dear,
    The best remedy for diaper rash is coconut oil..atleast for a day stop using diaper..wash and pat dry..apply drops of coconut oil and let the skin absorb it..if possible let your baby bump exposed to sunlight for few minutes

3. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

i am using maroma organic baby diaper rash cream, after bath i used to apply without fail and then wear him diaper. it helps a lot.

4. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Decitin diaper rash cream worked for my kid. Apply it in the rash.

5. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

Addon - I have also used Rashfree cream..

6. soraj

soraj Senior IL'ite

Yes , Even I use coconut oil only.. its good and multi purpose..

7. DavenaRosalie

DavenaRosalie Silver IL'ite

coconut oil really works, and do not put diapers during the day

8. AnkitaSharma14

AnkitaSharma14 New IL'ite

I am using the diaper rash cream for my baby's skin. Térre Baby Diaper Rash Cream is specially made for babies that promote effective healing and soothes red, irritated skin, and forms a protective layer on the baby's skin. A botanical blend of organic herbs, plant extract, and essential oils like Calendula Oil, Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, Bees Wax, and Castor Oil. Buy now from www.terrebaby.com