1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pre K In Public Schools

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by SRK123, May 6, 2018.

1. SRK123

SRK123 Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Im talking about prek programs in public schools which are directed towards ESL kids, low income kids and other kids whose parents are firefighters or police officers who were injured or died..

My son who actually has good command over english, is selected into free prek program at our local public school(school is very good my daughter goes there for elementary school) for English being his second language. We casually applied but didnt think he will get eligibility for this program. Now he got admission but we are not sure how the quality of program will be.. Do you guys think it will benefit him? Also thinking about the kids who will be coming from different backgrounds.. Will it be a good envioronment for him? Am I thinking too much? Because there is a lot of demand for this in our neighbourhood.. This is the first year they have started prek program in this school. So no reviews.
    Note: He is already going to a private preschool(only one month now).

2. Hsharma2018

Hsharma2018 Senior IL'ite

If the Elementary School is good, then the PreK school will be great as well. It will actually be good for both your son and the other students to be exposed to each other since they are of different backgrounds. :)

3. stephanjohn

stephanjohn Senior IL'ite

Definitely getting to mingle with different kind of children from various backgrounds will gain him good experience.

4. SRK123

SRK123 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your response ladies.. He is one of the youngest in his classroom. That adds to my worry as i heard from lot of my friends that, youngest kids are targets for bullying.

5. Hsharma2018

Hsharma2018 Senior IL'ite

How much younger is he?

6. SRK123

SRK123 Silver IL'ite

hi
    Thanks for replying..he is may born..