1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband Not Calling While At Inlaws Place

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by senoritaaa, May 23, 2018.

1. senoritaaa

senoritaaa Bronze IL'ite

Dear ladies,

THis is my issue:

Husband goes to his place for a short vist of 2 days to attend a function. Till he reaches his place he calls, messages etc. But once he reaches he will never call or inform he has reached by calling . I also dont calback. During return as soon as he has stepped out of his house (Infact not in the vicinity of his parents or sisters) he calls an informr he has started back, etc etc....

Why would he be behaving like this? MIL is a very posessive fellow and to make her happy ?
    I do not have a very good relationship with my Inlaws( we hate each other deep inside though outside we manage somehow without major fights ) and Dh never supports me in any way. He is blindly thinks his parents are always correct.

VinuthaS likes this.

2. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

@senoritaaa you are equally possessive as your MIL. Seriously nothing will happen if you give space to your spouse. You know exactly why is he doing that. What more do you need ? Don't try to fix everything be happy with what you have

Deborah, sindmani, joylokhi and 2 others like this.
  3. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Dear OP, that behavior sounds familiar. Any chance he is a balanced guy who lives in the moment fully with the people he is with? Some men believe in giving 100% to the ppl/ relatives they are with be it wife or parents. But that also means he is 100% with you when with you, does that happen?

Another reason I can think of is if he does not like to openly show his affection to you before his family. And that may not be his personality but just an upbringing where they are not comfortable expressing their feelings to their spouse before family. Just that slightly formal relation with parents where they are not comfortable being themselves. You think this could be the reason?

sindmani and VinuthaS like this.
  4. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Am not sure him not calling you during that short time is a big deal.

Maybe he does it avoid any problems or confrontations from his family as well.
    So maybe his mother is possessive during his short visit n he wants to make his mom happy, well it is his mother n they love each other even when one or the other is not always 'correct'. You could always call him if you wanted to check on him if it bothers you.

It is done even during official meetings. You put away the phone once you meet the clients or the big boss or conferences or even during friends n family getogethers or their house. Not sure this is a big issue. Many men n women does this, it's being there 100%.

sindmani and NeetaR like this.
  5. senoritaaa

senoritaaa Bronze IL'ite

All of you are perfectly right and I accept it. But what disturbs me is , To make in MOM happy, he is showing off he ignores me . I am not able to digest that attitude .

I am nt expecting him to call me even few times. But atleast once in a dat to enquire . Even that is missing and that lady is enjoying that. it drives me crazy....

pls help me what to do/how to accept this

VinuthaS likes this.
  6. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

How did you react when he called you the moment he stepped out of his house? Did you ask your husband why he behaved this way? If yes what did he reply?

If you are very disturbed don't make it appear like you are letting go..Have a long face and make him realise that you are affected. Reason out with him that one call will also be sufficient but deliberate negligence is what is making your angry. If he is loving husband he will cut this crap and may do some justice to you eventually.

sindmani likes this.
  7. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

I think that's just common. They try to make their parents feel secure and important . It's not a big deal really I think you should ignore. .it happens to everyone . Better to stay busy with your own life .

My husband generally is very loving , attentive and we are very happy . But in presence of MIL he also changes It's not intentional, it's a common thing for men as they feel guilty living away from parents so they want to let their parents know that they are most important .
    If it hurts you, tell him .you call him often so he can't ignore you . But don't waste your energy feeling bad . For men, mothers always come first so better to accept the fact of life .

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  8. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Talk to him n convey that you miss him n just want to hear his voice.

Or if he doesn't do it even after you repeat a million times, You call him once a day to check in. Say I missed you, so just called to check in n say hi.

Or Accept it n let it go. If this makes your mil so happy, let her have it. Why turn this into a power game n lose your peace?

Assess the pros n cons n evaluate if fighting over this is gona be worth it.

No matter he far he goes, he has to come back home to 'you' only.

sindmani likes this.
  9. dnormx01

dnormx01 Gold IL'ite

If he’s gone there to attend a function, it’s apparent that he must be busy attending it and catching up with relatives and friends attending it. And it’s a very short visit so he all the more needs to spend time with them.

Don’t feel there’s anything to read between the lines.

sindmani likes this.
  10. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

I think its normal. Going there and again being on phone with you doesnt make sense isnt it! Tell him causally about how you feel. Picking up a fight over this,will it be worth?
    Perhaps you keep yourself occupied when husband is travelling.