Futurology

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Aug 20, 2016.

1. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

DB69A9C7-19B9-4FEC-9707-EF53E4FA709D.jpeg

An artist's imagination of car model choices! :grinning:

F2BD2466-0394-42CC-9FCB-07B13C64EE5E.jpeg
    :lol:

08DBB456-543F-4677-ACB2-F2FEB478B256.jpeg
    Ever wondered how self driving cars would make it in India? :sweatsmile: Lol.

Auto Nom offers an upbeat alternative on unexpected consequences of autonomous mobility. This fictitious self-driving classic german car gets under your hood with its freedom loving behaviour.

Dance to the tune, Happy #TGIF folks! :cheer:

2. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

...bbbut it's leading the green transit revolution with it's electric buses!

...In an effort to control air pollution, the city began introducing electric buses in 2009. It has now become the first city to electrify 100 percent of its public buses. That’s a staggering 16,359 battery-powered vehicles, the world’s largest eco-friendly bus fleet...

Electric Buses Are Hurting the Oil Industry + (Bloomberg Report On EV)

Cool Blues! :sunglasses:

3. mishtis

mishtis New IL'ite

I am interested in Machine learning and Artificial intelligence in advancing healthcare. Any of you folks work in this area? Would be happy to connect. Thnx

4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Welcome Mishti! Not specifically in healthcare but there are folks here with an ML/AI background. If you have interest in specific healthcare applications, do share those with us. I'm sure it will make for a lively topic of discussion.

5. Gauri03

Self driving cars and India! All I can think of is a futuristic car stuck in a roadside booby trap, stripped down to its chassis, and some very expensive sensors and cameras being sold in the local flea market. :fearscream:

6. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Reminds me of that sensational propaganda on unsupervised deluxe inter-city train launched in India. In less than a week, all the jazzy equipment from the behind and front of the seat were wrenched, cut out, and the unremovable ones were horribly mutilated. Next week, the media ran the news of the deluxe carnage.

With self-driving cars, the head lights would be stolen in bright daylight at the traffic signal whilst the commuter seated behind is merrily flipping his newspaper with lettering 'beware! unprecedented theft in self-driving technology.'

7. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Hmmmm what about 'data theft'? All the destinations it has been to, maps, addresses, owner details and more from those sensors, cameras or the dashboard that can be hacked (remotely too!)? :coldsweat: Given the current affairs, that's a hella big money than spare parts you see! :grinning: (India will catch up soon, we are smarties too!)

Maybe futuristic cars will have some self defense mode built in or self disintegration as last resort! I wouldn't miss the drama if it will turn itself into a Bumblebee! :hearteyes:

Lol. Fantasies but hey aren't you a sci-fi nerd? :wink::yum:

Btw do you 'Recall' Johnny Cab?

:lol:

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  8. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

9. Gauri03

A story for your story! My grandad once told me about an incident from the 60s, of the earliest attempts to bring electricity to his village. The power corporation guys laid down the cables and street lamps and left. By the time they turned the power on, everything from the poles, wires and switches had been picked apart and sold for scraps. They had to come back and give the villagers a class in the benefits of electricity before reattempting to install the electric infrastructure. :lol:

I'd assume the data would be uploaded to a central DB so hacking the cars one by one isn't the best use of a hacker's resources. : ) They'll simply go for the DB like they have been doing all along. Also the kind of people who steal data are the polar opposites of those who would steal hardware. India has plenty of each kind.

My favorite sci-fi cab? The ones from Minority Report the movie.

Robots can talk? Run? We're done! :D

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  10. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Car looters (any kind) are universal. They are just 'plenty' here because of obvious population numbers. So is that case of epic traffic jams. I was only wondering in the original post about the technical challenges such self driving car makers have to face, to build one that will work best for Indian roads and jams (+ mentalities too I suppose). :blush:

40BE1060-4A92-4B0B-BF45-F47ACBF08154.jpeg

Yeah yeah I'm aware of (de)central DBs, blockchain technologies etc. It was an attempt to joke about current affairs, even had those laugh smilies and all. :oops::icon_pc: :facepalm:

Last edited: May 12, 2018