1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cloth Vs Diapers

Discussion in 'Infants' started by memeera1234, May 9, 2018.

1. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Hi All,
    I am sure this question may have been asked many times before on this forum. Still I request all to come forth with suggestions which would be very helpful for a new mother like me and many more of us.
    Is cloth better than diaper? My mother-in-law insists cloth is better than diaper and truly averse to the idea of my 30 day old kid wearing diaper. I usually use cloth diaper throughout the day but at night prefer to dress her up in diaper. My baby likes to be swaddled always. In night when I use cloth diaper,since she is swaddled, once she urinates, she still sleeps quietly. I think she doesn't realise she's wet due to the warmth of swaddling. If I don't swaddle her, she won't sleep until I do. My concern is baby might fall ill this way if she continues sleeping in wet diaper. So need your suggestions

Meera

2. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

at night you can use diapers or even pads are available which you place on the cotton cloths it gives more ventilation than diapers.But pads can last only for 4-5 hours.

3. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

You get Johnson & Johnson diaper pad fors cloth nappies, else go eco diapers
    The brand nsmn is koala diapers available in Amazon.

4. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

If you are in south India, I would say cloth is the best option during day at least. It is peak summer and babies would get rashes with diapers. Typically, babies cry when they are wet. So, try putting diapers in night. hopefully your LO will not get any rashes. Also, for rashes the only thing that worked best all the time for my kid is pure petroleum jelly.

When we visited India with my then 2 year old, I had to put diapers only on night since he was getting rashes all the time even though the weather was relatively better than now. We visited in Dec.