1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please Advise Me What Should I Do?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by priyasri15, Apr 28, 2018.

1. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite

i really agree.
    Its better to divorce such a fellow who is still having contact his with ex who ditched him.
    If you want to give a chance to your marriage, then try this-- avoid him by not showing much importance to make him feel your busyness. You chat and have phone calls to your friend infront of him , so that he realises that there are other persons in this world for you who can spend time with you. Sometime go out with your friends..... Give yourself some ME-time to invest on your hobby and so on.

One more important thing- LOOKS DOESNOT MATTER. YOU CAN STILL GROOM YOURSELF TO FEEL YOURSELF MORE CONFIDENT. Once to get a job, there will be other persons (male/female) who will give you importance.

SO STILL IF THESE THINGS DOESNOT WORK OUT, THEN COLLECT EVIDENCE OF ALL THESE AND FILE DIVORCE

bron, Rosey2018, Mira20 and 1 other person like this.
  2. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite

I AGREE

3. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

Op I really appreciate your dads stand for Your education instead of bending down to the stupid demands of dowry. Now it's your duty to make good use of that education and decide wisely. There is no point of education if you are still throwing yourself at the mercy of these rotten minded people. I do not see your weight as an issue infact I see your body weight as an eye opener or a mirror which made you see the real face of your husband. The most important lesson of life is that people who do not accept you because of your physical form are not worthy of you. It is v important for you to harden your heart a bit and show some respect to yourself. It really hurts me when educated girls like to stay trapped in a situation because they couldn't handle their emotions well. I do not understand how this worthless fellow to whom you call your husband is contributing to your life. Your education and accommodation is paid by your dad, so what's this guy's role is in your life instead of making you cry buckets. I totally agree with @Rihana I do not see him stop communicating with his ex anywhere in future and why would he when you are ready to put through his emotional abuse no matter what. Your issue is not his shameless ex, your issue is this scum you got married to. Next time he tells you that it's embarrassing for him to walk with you ask him isn't he embarrassed for making your life hell. I d rather be alone for the rest of my life instead of being with a person like him. How dare he say that he is not attracted to you because of your body weight when he himself has a load of **** to deal with. Decide wisely.

dimple7, Sandycandy and shravs3 like this.
  4. priyasri15

priyasri15 Senior IL'ite

thank you all ladies!!! I totally understand I should not lead my life with a person who is not accepting for who i'm... For the last few months i really lost myself as i was so much worried and off the track in knowing why he talks to her yet and why my job is so important for him. i read a lot of posts here that reveals many NRI husband's expectations for the wife to be employed. it is just disgusting to me that if i dont look good or earn, he is finding it hard to connect with me. i'm just trying to digest this hard truth.

any ideas as how can i lead my life at least until i finish my studies? @dimple7 some of your points are really helpful and i will implement. probably ladies can you suggest how people change their minds after a breakup?

dimple7 and Rosey2018 like this.
  5. Rosey2018

Rosey2018 Bronze IL'ite

What you're going through all those feelings of hurt and sadness are normal in terms of what you're going through. Focus on yourself. Put yourself first. Dont give him so much time. Go out. Watch movies. Eat ice cream. Who cares. You just need to distance yourself from the emotionally abusive husband who is still behaving like a teenager. Which grown man discusses his problems with his first best friend, who slept with his best friend, likes to sleep around and is now also his ex. The boy needs to grow up. Focus on your studies to get the grades. Hang out with people from your course.

Only those NRI men who cant earn properly or have issues, have expectations for the wife to work (after marriage when they take them to the US etc)... so they either can eat all her money and make her a slave or they dont have to provide for her and the children (easy way out). Real me let you choose what you want to do and dont force you into anything or have expectations. Its fine if you want to work but what crosses the line is if you are forced to work by him when you dont want to. Next time he criticises your looks point to a dog and say maybe thats better suited to your taste because I get compliments all the time.

Wht do you mean by how they change their minds after a break up? Learn to live well and be happy. Dont jump into a new relationship so soon. But maybe find someone decent to talk to.

dimple7 and Joyoflife like this.
  6. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

Op you are in a bad emotional state at the moment. Do not try to fix anything at the moment. Do not try to analyze anything. Try to accept the situation. Try to tell yourself that it's OK I have been cheated, I have met a bad person. Once we mentally accept a situation, it gives us strength to move fwd. be grateful that your dad chose wisely for you and spent the money on your education. You have a lot to look fwd to and this scum should not be one of those. Do one thing at a time. Plan one day at a time. Pray for strength and light. It's good that he showed his true colors on time. Remember it's a phase it shall pass. Love yourself. Call parents and your sibling often. loose weight only if you want not because you want to be accepted. Listen to your favorite music. Make a list of positives in your life. Op life works differently for each of us, we all have different shares of troubles, positives and negatives. Always keeps your eyes and ears open do not get carried away by heavy emotions. If you let others walk over you then you have no one to blame but urself. If we can not respect ourself we can definately not demand it from others.

dimple7 and nakshatra1 like this.
  7. priyasri15

priyasri15 Senior IL'ite

@GoneGirl im very scared about this STD. How do i ask him about this? i think i should go for a test soon.

8. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

This is idiotic!
    :BangHead::smash2:

9. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Don't talk to him. That is neither required nor advisable. He needs to get tested as well, but I am not sure the suggestion would go over well coming from you. You might try to find discreet ways of getting the point across.
    Universities have clinics for students. Confidentiality is guaranteed. Talk to them first. The tests at universities are highly subsidized - mostly because in this era of Tinder and Hinge and PoF, hookups have become routine, so students are susceptible. The tests are relatively affordable. Here is one link, from a uni chosen at random, just to give you an idea. No one is responsible for you, but YOU. Act like it.
    :beer-toast1:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    Sunshine04 and Laks09 like this.
  10. priyasri15

priyasri15 Senior IL'ite

@sokanasanah thank you very much for the link. I'm soo restless ever since I read about this STD thing. Thanks for bringing it up @Sandycandy I cant think what kind of STD's the girl might have contracted so far or whether it has also passed to my husband. to my knowledge its been 1.5 years now my husband is not with her. so any chances he would also have been contracted if she developed one? as my husband knew about her multiple sexual partners, dont you think he would have already taken such tests? so far i see him healthy and going to gym regularly. i havent heard any signs of even minor illness from him. i have spoken to a senior here at my uni and she has given me the details of whom to approach at my uni. i'm going to take it from there...

dimple7 likes this.