What Does God Want Me To Do In Life

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by ChennaiExpress, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

all the best. we learn on the way and when we are open to experiences life happens and sometimes wonderful things are just waiting for that one step you need to put out of the comfort circle with confidence.

you will find your happiness when you stop embracing unhappy thoughts. think i want to be happy i will be happy i am happy..

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    ChennaiExpress and Sandycandy like this.
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

CE, from personal experience (since I am no enlightened being, I can only fall back on this) I can only tell you, 'Just be.' Do whatever you love doing. Enjoying doing it. Yes, you want to bring joy to others. You can find ways of doing that through whatever you love doing. Docs are not the only ones relieving patients of suffering. Many times they have no solution to many problems. Art, acting, talking to them ...... there are so many ways one can help others and much better than doctors. So first be happy just being. Then you can think of bringing happiness to others. No one can bring joy to others unless one is joyful oneself.

ChennaiExpress and Sandycandy like this.
  3. sweetygal

sweetygal Bronze IL'ite

Engineer by profession. ended up there. But try to enjoy everyday becoz thats d best what one can do

ChennaiExpress likes this.
  4. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

I'll put one foot in front of another

One foot in front of another

5. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

And art really brings me joy. It turns on a tap that allows me to communicate with ease.

That is true Doctors don't have all the answers ... they are human just like us.

Today when I accompanied Dad to Dr, she was trying to explain Dad something as patiently as possible (Dr looked really overworked and tired)

I came in the middle to calmly clarify and explain what Doctor is trying to say (people in pain really have difficulty understanding others, even if other person has solution)

We all have a part to make each other feel better.

satchitananda likes this.
  6. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

Hi CE,

Lovely poem!
    You have a really nice way of expressing yourself.

Not sure if you were looking for any suggestions, but here goes mine..feel free to ignore it if you weren’t.

I think acceptance is an important first step for a peaceful life. I recently had a health issue and was upset for days together, but then I realized, I was missing out on the good things in life as they were passing by as I was obsessed with being my old self again. I just had to accept that somethings cannot be cured completely and I just have to deal with it in my own way, figure out ways to make myself near normal. Medicine sometimes doesn’t have a cure for everything, and some treatments have risks that outweigh the benefit. Remember that when you are dealing with your dad's issues and how it affects you. Try involving your dad in some meditation or yoga, if he is able to, to help heal.

Personally i think, any parent would want to see their child prosper and be happy in life and am sure if you are happy, your dad will be too.

Arts, travel, career and everything else can keep you happy for the time being, but in the end you will not be content unless you fulfill the thing that you most yearn for.. the desire to have a life partner - this keeps coming up in all your posts, and its time you did something about it. Unlike movies, things rarely happen by themselves in real life. Try and move on from your hurtful past, register online in some matrimony or dating sites of your preference and take the plunge.

I hope you find your way to happiness. Don’t wait much longer, life is too short to be wasted thinking about your nasty ex and the hurt he caused you. Goodluck!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    Gauri03, ChennaiExpress and shravs3 like this.