Things To Consider In Buying Plots For Investment

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by wish4miracle, Apr 14, 2018.

1. wish4miracle

wish4miracle Silver IL'ite

Hi,

We are thinking to invest our small fortune by investing in a plot for future. its completely gonna be a investment, not for building a house for our own.

my question is what are the factors that we need to consider while buying a residential plot apart from cost factor? Like is it okay to buy a corner plot? would people prefer to buy?

2. Lin1321

Lin1321 Silver IL'ite

If it is purely for investment you must make sure you get planning permission for a residential building on it and make sure it is not in an area that normally floods.

wish4miracle likes this.
  3. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

1. Invest on something that doesn't have any legal issues / court cases. Verify the genuineness of the source before investing.
    2. Look for investments in areas which hold promise. Buying something in a busy residential area (already well developed) may not fetch you much of profit when you sell them. Max, the value may multiply by 2 -3 times. Target areas where the returns may be 5-10 times in the future.
    3. Make sure the area has close connectivity to main roads. This will increase it's resale value.
    4. Corner plots, north facing plots attract some buyers.
    5. Also buy a property in a place where you/ your family members can visit it now and then to keep an eye on it and safeguard it from encroachments.

Lin1321 and wish4miracle like this.
  4. star90

star90 Senior IL'ite

How to ensure that it doesn't have any legal issues / court cases? from where can I get that information ?

Lin1321 likes this.
  5. star90

star90 Senior IL'ite

From where can I get the planning permission ?

6. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

My 2 cents before giving any further suggestions. When someone gives feedback to your post, it would be nice if you could thank them or give them a feedback about the suggestions they offered, before bombarding them with further questions.
    It's just a forum etiquette especially when we are new to the forum, it plays a big role in sending positive vibes to your responders and help you win more friends.
    This was merely a suggestion and I hope you take it in the right spirit.

wish4miracle likes this.
  7. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

True but looks like she is not active after posting the thread without any further questions !

wish4miracle likes this.
  8. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

I think she has asked both me and the other responder, further questions (after her initial post) based on our suggestions which seemed a bit blunt to me. Hence the post

9. Lin1321

Lin1321 Silver IL'ite

I can only answer for where I live at the moment, we need to get planning permission from East Lindsey but each country has different rules & who/how to get planning permission.

wish4miracle likes this.
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Buying property ???

Most of the details were drafted in 2008 and they still hold good but now there are few changes.

I personally like 60*40 which is standard and easily saleable. If you are in TN there are people who don’t do plots that a street ends on. They are called therukuttu plots.
    Corner plots sometimes end up as a shapeless plot sometimes in a development when a piece of land is divided the corner plots end up like 30*40*50

If you buy a resale plot you should look at the price appreciation from the first development and more.

wish4miracle likes this.