1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling Upset

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by jasmine25, Apr 22, 2018.

1. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much Geeta .. Means a lot to me.. Thanks .. Am kind of relieved reading all responses here

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  2. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much ddream.. Yes apart from this small incident, she is extremely good in taking date of me n baby .. So I have to let this go n forget..

3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

You have a good mother in law:)
    And you are a good daughter in law:)
    Let it go.Maybe you can talk to her and tell her that you mean well.Am sure she will understand.

please don't get small things into such a nice relationship

4. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Have you considering hiring help so you and your MIL can have a healthy relationship. is it possible for your husband to help you few hours in night ? In bigger scheme of things the money spent on hiring help will save you mental tension.

5. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much anika..yes all settled now.. we both are talking normally now

anika987 likes this.
  6. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for your reply mangaaii.. my mother in law does not like to keep maid.. so that option is ruled out.. hubby went back to resume work onsite..

7. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

It's a known fact that two ladies live together under same roof , whatever their relationship is, there will be friction..nice to know everything is ok..since the relation ship is otherwise good u can let it go..
    Ur lucky to have such a nice MIL who is ready to look after baby at night time also..
    It's the intention that matters.
    Many MILs want their beauty sleep and hate to be disturbed at night, even for emergencies (I know a few examples ).

jasmine25 and anika987 like this.
  8. Raffaello

Raffaello Silver IL'ite

She is sick, old and you're a new mom (many congratulations ) both the ways its natural female side your experiencing .. She would have never meant it,, may be she couldn't take care her grand son in that moment of spur she might have said that .. She knew you're alone to take care of the baby and she couldn't be a helping hand so words just came ... Don't worry her words made you emotional and write this post. This shows how much her words mean to you and your mil too.. You both should be blessed to have each other .. Just live it.. Let it go...

9. Rosey2018

Rosey2018 Bronze IL'ite

Don’t mind what she said atleast she came even when she was ill. You have a nice mil. Forgive her. Sometimes hormonal imbalances, menopause, lack of sleep, hunger and illness can make women grumpy, rude and snappy. Forgive her I’m sure she didn’t mean it.

10. GlobetrotterG

GlobetrotterG Silver IL'ite

Good to know that everything is ok. Please note that every human responds to situations in a different way, so its important to understand ur MIL and specifically identify her values and conflicts that can arise(even if you are good to her)

Thanks,
    Rekha
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My blog : www.quora.com/profile/Rekha-K-75