1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Right Kind Of Bra

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Frangipani, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Frangipani

Frangipani Silver IL'ite

Hi!

My daughter finished her tenth standard and will be entering college. We are busy shopping dresses for her. I am wondering what is the right kind of Bra for her (and also me). Since we live in Mumbai, we sweat a lot (terrible heat through the year)so the bra has to be absorbent cotton based, non-heat creating, comfortable for long wear, lightly padded for use under T shirts…the conditions are endless. We are totally confused about the proper selection. Could anyone guide? If possible , give the brand name/ shop name. how good is the online buy? All suggestions, guidance welcome . I am tired of experimenting and I am unhappy with everything i buy .

GeetaKashyap likes this.

2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Hi, dear Frangipani,

First of all congratulations to you; ladki college jayegi:) Hope she has done her tenth exams well.
    Sorry dear, I am also unhappy with what I have used, hope through this thread even I get some help!

IniyaaSri and Frangipani like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

ENamour is a very nice brand.Also there is a shop in chennai"flora instore" in tnagar..they have amazing stuff and Everytime I come to India I buy and go.They have very good sports bra too.In USA,I like soma intimates

Frangipani and GeetaKashyap like this.
  4. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

SPorts or t shirt bra for the daughter.

5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I have no advice about brands but get one that has adequate padding. I still remember the creeps and pervs staring during our school and college years.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Frangipani all the best to your daughter for a new milestone.

i would suggest double layered cotton bra with support that does help without the jiggles.

love enamor a lot. you can check the enamor site itself for more options though zivame can give you more idea and also depending upon you dd’s build look for whether a balconette style or full cover is necessary. they have a range of lovely flourescent padded one for girls.. check them too..

and even if she is going to use a bra i would suggest look for tshirt bra camisoles too .

i like the new range that jockey has brought in is comfortable, support and absorbant too.
    you can look for jockey women showrooms which carry more than just panties.

once you are able to get the right fit you can look for offers on zivame. some offers are hard to resist.

regular camisoles should be available in stores near you.

7. Frangipani

Frangipani Silver IL'ite

8. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

I don't know about brands in India since I buy mine here. Please do measurement at home to get right cup size. There are instructions in the web. Once you get the right size and cup measurement you need to try different brands in store. I personally find padded one to be right for t-shirts/ while a single layer cotton ones for sarees ,a pair of good sports bra for work outs and camisoles with built-ins for nights. Also do hand wash or use the special bags for washing them for longer life. Double layers are good for winters. wired/non-wired depends on personal preference. For you there might be more choices like satin/lace type. When I initially bought mine I bought good quality ones and it is still good after 10 years. Proper maintenance is key .

9. chaithrapillay

chaithrapillay New IL'ite

I am also expecting some suggestions through this link as i was also not happy with what i bought. recently i have ordered the bra that fits my size at Clovia online portal and that was the first time that i tried it. It is pretty cool and i am not sure how many of you would like to order online but my experience was great and got the expect fit also that too in discount using Clovia coupons. If you are looking for something then i am sure you will get everything there.

Anusuya likes this.
  10. Frangipani

Frangipani Silver IL'ite

Thank you , @mangaii and @chaithrapillay for your fb. due to personal issues I am yet to shop for the bras . your suggestions I am sure will be very useful . Thanks .