1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone needs Dental advice - Please post ur problems

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by hema_gladston, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Dishaa

Dishaa Gold IL'ite

Thanks

cliona likes this.
  2. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Please show to GP

3. Tkverma

Tkverma New IL'ite

hello hema,
    i am suffering of brucxism (grind teeth typically during sleep) and also suffering if bad breath thats create problem between me and my husband. can you please get me some advice from your husband for bad breath and brucxism. thank you in advance.

Thyagarajan and cliona like this.
  4. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi @Tkverma .
    Please visit a dentist for bruxism. There are night guards which can be worn at night to protect damage to enamel during the nights. Your dentist can custom make it for you. Also try to reduce stress and anxiety. Try meditations and Yoga. All problems have solutions to it.
    For bad breath, we need to determine the cause. It could be due to cavities or tartar( local causes). Or dehydration, and other illness or deficiencies( systemic causes) . Your dentist will be able to clinically check and tell you.
    Regards,
    Cliona

5. Tkverma

Tkverma New IL'ite

hello,
    thank you for your reply and useful advise. i already visited to dentist and got the guard but the thing is i cant have sound sleep by wearing the guard. it is so uncomfortable. is there any other solution except wearing guard?
    i have no cavity. as dentist cleaned allmy teeth,brush after every meal. but still i am fed up of bad breath and its creating differences between me and my husband. please suggest me some other remedies.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    I am in US for past one and a half years. I have visited the dentist twice here for normal dental cleaning. My dentist told me that I have few cavities. (3 teeth)
    And i have to fill it out with filings before it get worse. I am just collecting information about dental fillings. I have never done that before and didn't have any cavities before.

They said the filling will be composite resin. I would like to know if this filling is good. Is there any other filings available? Can we eat normally after the filling? Any pros and cons? How often should we replace it? Do we need to avoid heavy food which involves hard biting?
    How soon did you fill up the cavities after you come to know about it?

Sorry for many questions. Just trying to understand the fillings stuff.

Please share in your thoughts.

Thank you.

Thyagarajan and GeetaKashyap like this.
  7. lazy

lazy Silver IL'ite

Hi, my dd 22months old. Her front upper 4 teeth got stained lightly. Using fluoride tooth paste. We Went to dentist, but dd is not comfortable to show her teeth to him, cried alot. So we came back. How to cure this

8. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Hi!
    Composite resin is the tooth coloured filling and they are the best. Once the filling is done, normally you cannot make out any difference. (Only in photographs some difference in opacity can be made out, that too if it is on the incisors. otherwise it hardly matters. Once you are aware, you will notice this on many of our filmy heroes ;) It is quite common.) One can eat normal n regular food without any problem. They last very well. Get yearly check ups done so that your dentist can check your dental health. Issues come up depending on your cavity forming tendencies. Take good care of your teeth, you will not have anything to worry about.

Thyagarajan and gknew like this.
  9. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

@GeetaKashyap
    Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate it.
    I have never had cavities before and this is the first time I got the cavities. I used to go to dentist every year in india. (Twice a year here in US).

I was so concerned about the fillings. I thought I should make some changes in the food we eat. I mean, to avoid the hard foods like bones.. and the fillings might crack..

Thank you so much for your inputs. It makes me relax. I will schedule for my fillings.
    Thanks a lot.

Thyagarajan and GeetaKashyap like this.
  10. rosylife

rosylife Bronze IL'ite

Hi

I am hearing about lot of pregnant ladies having gum and teeth issues during after pregnancy. Why is this? How can it be prevented? Please advice regarding the precautions to be taken..

Thyagarajan and cliona like this.