1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ds Picking Up Fowl Language From In-laws

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by Kukudukuu, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

OP,

I really doubt this is something he picked up from your in laws . Which grown up adults talk like this ? Must be the tv or somewhere else like preschool ?

He is just 4 and doesn’t really understand the meaning of it . I wouldn’t say ignore it completely but don’t give it too much attention either . He will going to KG soon and pretty sure teachers there won’t tolerate this one bit . You need to tell him what is right and wrong . A 4 year old understands timeout. Personally I wouldn’t like if my kids use these words . Kids absorb a lot from the environment they are in so today may be these words , tomorrow cussing or swearing but instead of blaming everyone else , in the end only you are responsible and accountable for his behaviour . Don’t punish him but disciplining him is very important and that should begin at an early age so set the boundaries right now.

Kukudukuu, Sandycandy and sindmani like this.
  2. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::p:p
    Hilarious !!! ROFL

"Basanti ,Inn ku!!*n ke saamne mat naachna !!!" Drawing a parallel what kids of Hindi movies watching grandparents would say .

Kukudukuu and Sandycandy like this.
  3. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Haha you forgot , k***e kaminay main Tera khoon pee jaaonga!

chocolate and Kukudukuu like this.
  4. Kukudukuu

Kukudukuu Silver IL'ite

Yes.. that was my main concern. Smacking doesn't work with my son. He feels it is something amusing like a game and laughs it off.. I just hope this reduces in a day or two.. I told him some stories of naughty kids in my school and how others feel bad when they don't talk nicely, he promised not to do it again..

chocolate likes this.