1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Daily Calls Daily Drama..help Me To Let Go

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Prabh, Feb 14, 2018.

1. cutepoojitha

cutepoojitha Bronze IL'ite

I agree with Janvi , I am also a big victim of this daily calls drama.

In our case we both work full time and I have an active toddler, my husband video calls as soon as we reach from office, I feel like spending some quality time with my son, but now I choose to ignore , our schedules are also disturbed.

I will be slogging in kitchen he will be busy in Video calls ,there is nothing much we can do about it other than Acceptance as Jahnavi said. But deep inside I will be thinking about my MIL when ever she says " You are sitting miles apart and want to see you or grandchild daily on video call or visit India as many times as possible, I will shout inside my heart "Your MIL is sitting few miles from your house but you will never allow her son(FIL), your sons(my DH and his brother) to talk to her I am sure one day Karma will teach you lesson".

icanniwill likes this.
  2. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

Sorry but you will have to suck it up and accept this. The above 2 ladies have discussed this in detail, I fully agree with their tactics and dealing with this. We all have been there and are still there. As long as you are not being forced to participate or your own calls to your family are not restricted , it's better to ignore. Infact, you should look forward to this time to do something else ( again many ladies have suggested a few things) and ask your H to call. It will take some time to train your mind to do so but its not impossible .
    All the best.

Sandycandy likes this.
  3. mirrorimage

mirrorimage Silver IL'ite

omg...i so can relate to this....i call them up video calls...panic attacks each time phone rings....because first thing they ask were u sleeping till now...
    2nd thing they ask what did u cook?
    anything u speak turns against u..criticism..i used to hate it...anything u say something bad happening or somehting going wrong, they inturn start criticising u for it...

oh one more thing..there is this girl who is a relative of my husband in US..who calls her in laws everyday...sends text messages updates of every event she attends to ..I am always compared to that girl stating she does that....ufff..its so annoying man!

so what do I do? mentally prepare myself to call when I have the time to talk...(may be after breakfast)-make sure i have prepared good food....

yesican and Sandycandy like this.
  4. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

@mirrorimage - you shouldn't live in such a terror . It's not healthy. Have you ever thought what will happen at the most if you don't pick up their call instantly or just miss it? Good news, you won't die. Stop letting the thought or rather the terror of them control your life. There is a difference in your situation and what the OP is describing. Nevertheless , any of us shouldn't let any one else disturb our state of mind .

5. Rosey2018

Rosey2018 Bronze IL'ite

What does your husband do for a living? Keep him busy and tire him out during the day because honestly he doesnt need to call her everyday.

You said it happens after you finish dinner? well delay dinner a bit and make excuses that youve been looking after your child.

Sometimes men need to be treated harshly for their own good and we women take too much care of them. Make them do things like men do in the west. If he refuses tell him well my friends husbands do it why cant you?

Before I had a baby it was hard and he used to be on the phone all the time. I had to argue with him and bring my parents into it. I honestly threatened divorce because I was so fed up of it all. He still hasnt learned but is slowly changing.

In your marriage, look after yourself, buy things you need, dont stay patient and buy things for your child. Spoil your child and make her happy. Tell your husband that what you have to do with kids in the US theyre so different to kids in India.

Most kids even go to bed at 7pm....train yours to go to bed....feed him early....so he doesnt have to talk with your inlaws all the time...

yesican likes this.