1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Choosing A Montessori School

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by vidukarth, Mar 6, 2018.

1. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

yeah, when i move her at 3 want her to stay there till 5 when she will goto kindergarden. but just confused about option1 or 2, would love to hear from parents who if they had experience sending kids to home based montessori

2. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

When I was choosing a place for my son, my main requirements was outdoor/indoor time and cleanliness. Cleanliness was for my peace of mind, so I don't have a frequently sick child. Curriculum-wise, I felt like the time outdoors and with nature and play, is much better than cooped up in a room. The montessori styled classrooms are generally arranged to allow free movement between indoor and outdoor. I would prefer the center that type of flexibility. i wouldn't worry about class size, unless you think your child gets overwhelmed by people (mine is a social butterfly).

It seems that you are not planning to continue beyond kindergarten in Montessori, so accreditation and a certified teacher isn't going to make a big difference in the long run.

I think you should follow your gut. The behavior of the children in the classroom is a good indicator of how your own child will fit in.

3. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

Bhumibabe,

Thank you for the feedback, yeah both the school and home based have outdoor times, but the home one was more cleaner compared to the school. That was one thing i was debating in the school. When we went to tour the bigger school, all kids were friendly and greeting my little one, but was lacking the cleanliness aspect.