Need Suggestion : Ttc For 1 Year

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by lprasu, Feb 19, 2018.

1. lprasu

lprasu New IL'ite

Hi ladies..
    I have been following this forum quite sometime and thanks for all the valuable suggestions from many ladies which helped lot of people.

I had my ectopic pregnancy on Nov 2016 and due to that my left fallopian tube got removed. We waited for 4 months and TTC from Apr 2017. I had my HSG test last month Jan 2018. Doc said tube is open but not normal. And he suggested directly IVF. I got pain during HSG test - is this normal ?

Also anyone here had their HSG tests with similar results like tube is open but not normal. Please let me know if there any other options for me other than IVF ?

2. NanditaSri

NanditaSri Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your loss. I too had an ectopic pregnancy on my left side in Dec'12. The tube was not removed however. We tried again with couple of IUIs and I had another ectopic on the right side. This time the tube was cut. We were blessed with twins through an IVF after this

I havent gone through a HSG test but have heard pain/discomfort is common during the test. In fact patients are given pain killers before the test.

You need to discuss the status of your tube in detail with your gynae & understand why it is not normal. You will be able to opt for IUI only if tubes are patent. Do take couple of opinions before going for IVF. A number of factors ( age/amh/male sperm quality etc.) will help you decide on further treatment.

coffeecups likes this.
  3. chatyabiotech

chatyabiotech New IL'ite

Hi lprasu,
    Sorry to hear what you were going through. I just jointed Indus ladies and saw your post when I searched about blocked Fallopian tube, since I'm having the same problem. I'm in the same situation that you were when you posted this forum. I live in Canada and trying for a baby for past 4 years and had 3 HSG's so far. My latest one shows one of my tube has fluid filled and other tube open but not normal because they suspect scarring tissues which they believe is due to Endometriosis. Now I'm wait for surgery to remove my one tube with fluid and remove scarring in the other open tube and do IVF after the surgery. May I know what is your status now. Are you successful in getting pregnant? Could you suggest me something to get pregnant. My wait time here for surgery is 6-8 months. I want to try something in this wait time and get pregnant somehow. Do you know if any acupuncture or Ayurveda treatments that removes this tube block? have you heard of Ponnan Poosari Parambaria Vandhyatha Chikitasalayam in Palakkad? Please provide me guidance.