1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let's share our feelings - part 1

Discussion in 'Infants' started by meeta shah, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Good then it is not that deep, Latha! Anyways even a small cut is bothersome, take care :)

Priya, if we stay close by i am sure to have shared them with u :)

Lavanya, i am planning to stay for Vinay's birthday which falls on jan 5th(star). Not yet started shopping, dont know what to shop, confused!!!

2. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

All of you talking of vinayagar chaturthi, brought back soooo many memories. My parents always celebrated it with a lot of food and my job was to make flower garlands and decorate the room where we were going to set the vinayagar statue.

We all went shopping today and I HAPPILY found out that I have lost two more dress sizes!!!! Yippeeeeee!!!!! :banana I have come down to a size 4, what I was three years ago! Even my SIL told me that I have lost weight since she saw me at the wedding in Feb.

Latha, hope you are feeling better.

Lavanya, it is not fun trying to 'decode' what the problem is with the baby, but you'll figure out slowly. Do you think it was his teething that was bothering him?

Well ladies it is definitely good to log in and see what you are all up to, and share some of mine, too. Take care.

Raj

3. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Oh, and of course I celebrated my weight loss by baking a rich fudge brownie and had some with ice cream.... :rotfl

Raj

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  4. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Looks like everyone had a good time yesterday. We had the kumbhabhishekam of our village temple and so I spent the day there with all my extended family. It was so much fun and its always fantastic to have other people run after the kiddo for a change :) There was a terrific thunderstorm in the evening and we were so late getting home - Aadhu got to stay up until 11 pm - what energy that kid has! Missed the kozhukattais though as I dont know how to make them and MIL is still away recovering. Mangai/Lavanya - you must give me the recipe for the sweet ones.

Latha - hope the finger is better today. What's baking at your house then? I'm planning on a bread and butter pudding after dinner tonight as my Dad will be here and he loves desserts. Isnt DH there for your bday then? Try warm milk with turmeric and pepper - always works for me for a sore throat.

San - Less than a mnth to go...excited? Our power situation has become worse - so make sure there is a UPS at home before you come.

Raj - you lucky thing....good for you though....and you'll lose more once she's walking for sure!

Meeta should be back sometime in Oct in time for Aarya's bday I think.

Lavanya - Is Manav ok today?

Vanathi.

5. vidhya parani

vidhya parani Senior IL'ite

vanathi, we are fine and uma is babbling non stop now with a few meaningful words in between...she is half potty trained...in the sense she can come and tell me when poopy comes and loves her little potty..we are not sure if we'll have to vacate..DH doesnt want to move out of this island atleast for the great pools we have here...but that would mean uma will have to take a shuttle bus or ferry to go to her play groups...we are still in a dilemma..

latha, how is your thumb now...

priya, we had a great vacation except for the brief stay at ILs place:)

mangai, tell me the title of that book, i'll try to get it from our library...i heard some bad reveiws on hte system too...like someone advised me to actually demand to see the training certificate of the teachers if they are really montessori trained from a genuine institute..also that children get bored to sit thru the grade one class where they teach stuff that these kids already know..

sunitha, here there is a school that provides primary education also (upto 12 yrs of age) in montessori style...i'm yet to start on trooping to open houses held in kindergartens...is it true that some kids tend to completely skip certain activities because they always choose their own activities instead of the teacher...is it true that children become more reserved and serious because of the emphasis on quiet time and concentration?

ladies you people have celebrated vinayak chaturthi so well, i'm such a lazy bum i forgot that it was y'day...well uma started on the next level of kindermusik from yday and she had fun...i was exhausted after our long expedition to the main island for her class..
    one question, do you girls make the kozhukkattai flour or buy it from indian store..

6. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Sunitha,

Me too would like to hear more about the montessori system. I had been for a trial day at this place and i saw that the teachers were helping the children try other stuff in sort of rotation basis. They were constantly monitoring them and stopping if they were stuck to one particular activity. And children were talking a lot too... i mean it looked like a fun place to be. oh dear now am i getting confusedDrowning

Latha

7. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

I still haven't decided Vanathi. Something with apple may be... a tarte tatin. I made marble cake for our trip last week and few slices got wasted so i'm being careful. What oven do you have? Yes DH is away on my birthday but India is a better location in terms of gifts:idea. I tried fennel honey in warm water last night and that has helped me well. Wanted to ask you this about Ananya. I have to clean her nose atleast thrice a day. Is it normal to form so much?

Latha

8. booboo

booboo Senior IL'ite

hi all,

This seems an interesting thread....

BTW i'm Uma. My daughter is 19 months, she started talking and it's real fun. I'm a working mom so i try to spend all my time with her. After work i try to spend every second with her till she sleeps.
    Some of your posts are really interesting....after being here i feel there r so many friends out here.......It's nice to be part of IL.....

Cheers
    Uma

9. Ramya Satheesh

Ramya Satheesh Senior IL'ite

Hi Uma,

Welcome and am sure you will find IL very interesting. IT IS THE MOST HAPPENING PLACE :)

Vidya , Good to have you back.

Thanks Mangai For the compliments :) . I live in RA puram and we have some good schools around.

Raj i did explain how i trained Akshith! Took him to the restroom and made the SSS sound. Happy to know that you have lost weight. It really makes one to feel much better.

Latha, good to know that you are doing well now. Am sure you are going to be excited with your husband's Presents and Presence when he is back from india.

Ursnegithi, its possible that you have just seen me around somewhere.

Vanathi , am not sure weather i want anything to HAPPEN in the near future :-(.

DH is thinking of changing jobs with a possible relocation. If that is the case i will not have an option. One reason is my parents are relatively old and not in a position to travel abroad. And i myslef not thrilled about living out of india. In the four years of our married life we have lived in four different places. its high time that i want to settle down somewhere. My preference is india that too Chennai since both my parents and In laws live here. i want Akshith to grow up with his grandparents the comfort which i did not have. Will let you know gals very soon and i will definetly need your support folks.

Cheers
    Ramya

PS.We got Akshith's ears pierced yesterday. will post the pics soon.

10. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Vanathi, i heard that since because of poor power supply, the price of UPS has gone high too!! Dont know what to do? Vinay sweats a lot! Me too :)

Uma, welcome to this forum, u will surely enjoy here and will learn a lot too :)

Raj, wow!! u lost weight, i try try try... but dont!! :-(
    Gained lots of weight and when people see my now in India, they are going to ask whether u feed ur hubby and Baby or u eat everything urself!!??? Hmmm, i am going to be the talk of the town when i reach there!! Hmm Let people enjoy gossiping because of me!! ;-)

Vidhya, i used to do with store bought rice flour but this time we did with home made flour..

Seems like u try different desert everyday huh Latha??

Ramya, its a good decision that u allow ur kid to grow with grand parents, also ur support to them at this age is much important, now i feel that we shd be there with my inlaws also my parents, for both mental and physical support, also they may not feel lonely, by seeing their grand kids they will forget all their worries and pains!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.