1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Tribute To A Legend Of Il

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear satchi
    What a lovely tribute to this wonderful person who has put in so much of joy and laughter into our life.
    Most of the time I use to speak to him on phone. Many a time before posting his thread which use to have some controversy in his post would ask hope no one will be hurt by this post. Not even in his dreams he use to hurt anyone's feelings. Such a wonderful soul he was.
    Still can't believe he is no more with us. Always use to wait for his posts. His way of thinking was unique. Will never find a person like him.
    May his soul rest in peace and heart felt condolences to his family.

2. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi,

My heartfelt condolences. I never knew he was not well. What a soul he is. How come those who are positive and motivating are the ones who had suffered the most with physical pain. May soul rest in peace.
    Vani

Thyagarajan and satchitananda like this.
  3. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

May his family have the courage to bear this loss.
    In this moment, I would like to mention also our dear , Late Mrs.Kalpaka Madam who too left us all of sudden.
    Though she was in IL for a short duration we have exchanged messages and she was very thoughtful and caring.

All these msgs made me think about her as well and I am truly feeling the connect here which is not virtual but emotional.

satchitananda likes this.
  4. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Kamalji.. your departure has compelled me to return to IL just to read your posts..just to prevent me from accepting the truth that you will no longer be here with us.. making us laugh till tears rolled down from our cheeks.. and today in your absence its so hard to prevent these tears from rolling down... BUT NO .. thats not what you would want.. you would want us to celebrate your passing away into the heavenly realm ..because for you it is another journey.. and I'm sure if you could you would post a equally silly blog about the grim events during your funeral..and your journey to meet Ganesha.. Lakshmi..and all the other Gods and Goddesses who used to visit you in your home in Jaipur after the second peg of whiskey.
    Kamalji... had so many facets ..he was always there for his friends ready with his sound practical advice.. lending a shoulder to cry or lean on.. He was one of the most generous and Kind hearted person..behind his humorous flamboyant exterior he had a very soft and tender side which he showed to a few close people..a shrewd Sindhi business man with a heart of gold which melted whenever anyone was in need..
    His blogs are a reflection of his lifestyle.. Honest.. outspoken..candid..
    Kji.. so glad to have met you and spent time with you and family.. you will remain forever in our hearts and our WA groups..I'm never going to say RIP to you ..AS you through your blogs are immortal!!!

Mindian, Thyagarajan, Arunarc and 3 others like this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Glad to know that there are/were many among IL'ites are/were pals to him in real world indeed. Sad that I know him only virtually.
    Regards.
    God Bless Us All Always.

Arunarc likes this.
  6. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Kamalji and I never had the chance to indulge in teased out politics, religion, activism and other intense topics for I was enchanted by his hilarious underside and jokey footnotes and lost track of his original writing which by all means was substantial. His reflective and brazen text is merit-worthy. He possessed a significant and unique voice in the crowd. But his annexed humour and satire was aww-worthy. Amongst other enduring traits, his readiness for bindaas filmi songs and modern adaptations of phone-wielding 'santa and banta singh' laugh out humour is remarkable. He was that year round jokey and ha ha Santa to his blogger friend. At a personal level, I knew him lightly yet noticeably. Notwithstanding, he made a difference not only to his near ones but to his distant, as he recalled, "blogger" friends. Nevertheless, he showered the same affection and cheer onto everyone.

He was loud and hearty and the adorable Falstaff of IL. He struck unlikely and indiscriminate friendships. Raise your brow or grip your tummy at his writing, but you cannot be indifferent to that man. He never demanded yet forged attention in his sacrilegiously funny write-ups. Though his humour struck me, his personality affected me. His hurried and slashy op-eds are a tiny figment of his larger and disguised compassion. Behind that online blink, his writing is not the measure of his well-placed sentiments.

His free-wheeling pen, his languid drink, his bright laughter and his tickled pink city are forever etched in the collective memories of our personal narratives. He was, indeed, a man who deserves these diverse and prolific tributes for he not only criss-crossed with multitude and he also, in turn, entwined others through him and his fly by invites to his touristy sanctum.

He opened up his no-conditions attached home and witty heart to family, friends, business, bloggers and everyone alike. He offered much in his out-of-way gesture than outward expression as a carefree blogger. He was blatant and opinionated and intoxicated in mind but he was kind and virtuous and chaste at soul. He was a life apart from others.

I hope he sensed that he was much loved and noticed even from a distance. His jokes carried such tell-tale signs of him that I would inquire, "This joke must have originated in Kamalji's personalized Daily Satire and sprawled through his networks across Asia and Africa and Australia." We would identify Kamalji's jokes from the fresh and earthy and catchy humour in them.

Today we compose flattering obituaries not out of compulsion towards his demise that we are obliged to bury or overlay his hearty gall with mellowed and sweet elegies, but because had he been alive he would have prevented us all from spreading the true word and disrupted with his "arey why are you writing such lies about this whiskey-wala. Who is this Kamalji you are talking about."

Everyone knew him. Everyone knew others through him. He mingled with everyone and united everyone. All loved him. Everyone was fond of him. He took blogging to unprecedented chivalry in social bonding with unmissable celebration of humour. Miss him.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    ashima10, Shanvy, joylokhi and 6 others like this.
  7. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear @satchitananda ,

Shocked to know dear Kamalji is no more through your befitting tribute to him.

He had already gone through the operation and laughing and sharing his condition in IL, When I first came across this die hard optimist. I was always wondering at his inner self- that made him so strong and soft at the same time laughing at the idiosyncrasies of himself and others, harsh on injustice, enjoying the jokes, drawing his cartoon images in words; and the softest father, husband, house holder, and shrewd business acumen.

I will miss this great man whom I never met, but was as close as a tough kind, jovial, elder brother in IL Family..

Kamalji, may you have Mukthi by His blessings. May He give enough strength to your dear ones, who should be feeling a vacuum which can never be filled!

ashima10, Shanvy, joylokhi and 4 others like this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:I read and re read and re re read.
    This would remain another outstanding wholesome soulful Tribute to Kamalji. “If the world laughs at him He would laugh at it in turn!”

satchitananda likes this.
  9. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

It is very sad to hear this, such a lovely & humorous personality and when you rub shoulders with him, his personality sticks to us as well.

Will miss you very much Kamalji.

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

just back after a brief absence and it was shocking to know that he is no more.

@satchitananda lovely lovely tribute to kamalji. and i still thank sunkan for introducing us to a few wonderful blogger friends of her’s here.. kamalji and cheeniya. and we had loads of fun and camaraderie.

did you know we even debated if the user id @satchitnanda was a male or a female. was it as a pm or as in a reply i dont remember and knowing that you became such think friends outside this virtual platform shows so much bonding.

and recently i saw an article on hilsa fish and believe me the first thing i was reminded was the jest with which he had blogged on this very topic

when I, aruna and mindi met at cheeniya sri’s house once, he was present with us as we talked about him a lot and not to miss ojda too.

i took a hiatus from replying on any snippets owing to health issues but i constantly watched out if he was posting and when he posted i was happy ok he is still kicking ass as he would have told me if i were to call him.

the loud bashful thinker blogger, the wonderful father, the understanding husband who funnily would take a dig at Harshaji’s devotion to baba yet accepting it. the humor laced messages on realtime politics to saving for the rainy day and living life to your fullest. he not only blogged about it, but lived it and will live through them..

will miss him and his presence here, the non-veg jokes(as he would refer sometimes) along with everyday life snippets will be sorely missed. HAHA will be missed.. who else can get away with giving ideas of FARTMETER to fill coffers and get away..

happy he is painfree but sad he left us.. a confused mind and was thinking if he were to write an obituary for self what would he write something witty?? wait did he not pen something on obituary long back.. let him rock and roll with his glass, wherever he is watching us from.