1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is It Normal For A Woman To Text And Call A Male Friend Or Colleague Everyday

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by honeybunny123, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Not normal, especially when he deleted chat and call history.
    Please tell him clearly you don't like it and it doesn't look good for a married man.
    Tell him,it could lead into bigger troubles if her husband finds out.
    Ask him cut her slowly, saying work pressure etc.
    Make him understand you love him and you have every right to tell him if it's affecting family.
    Also get the screenshots on call history chats any other Pvt communicators.
    Wait for 2 weeks, else first tell DH parents and then call that female. If she denies tell her it's better that way, else next person you would be calling is her husband.
    Once this ex-colleague stops, there might be something else too. Communicate to your DH clearly. Your family is important, he will understand.
    I have friend, who's offshore counterpart a lady moved to onsite, my friend intially helped her by looking apartments, insurance, getting errands etc. My friend's wife was OK intially as the lady didn't know anyone in US.
    But the lady started to commute daily to office with my friend. This went to even extended time like my friend has to wait for her to drop back. My friend's wife didn't like that, also the lady intruded personal space like going to shopping and lunch.
    She communicated to my friend telling him, "I don't like it, plus the girl is unmarried this might create problems for her in future".
    My friend said he didn't think on that angle.
    Slowly made the collegue to buy car or take cab. They started to have only official communication no other things.
    He understood , your DH will also understand.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  2. Deepika23

Deepika23 Silver IL'ite

Deleting call history to hide from you is not right . Try to convince your husband to stop this. ask him if he is okay with you calling your male friend every day.
    There should not be anything between ur dh and his ex-colleague which you should not know apart from official matters.

You Calling his ex-colleague is not the right thing as she may feel u don’t trust your dh. Moreover if her intention is to create rift between you both she will have an upper hand and she can easily succeed.

3. okonomi

okonomi New IL'ite

Many have already said “it is not normal”. But then, isn’t it normal to want a bit of “not-normal” now and then ? It is sweet that hubby deletes so that it won’t bother the snooping wife. Enjoy!!

4. nolife

nolife Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I have a married friend and hers is love marriage. she keeps telling me abot her canada male friend . This canada guy calls her daily and even sends her gifts from canada which includes hair straightner. She even sent him birthday gifts from here. I am not sure how much her husband knows about it . I do not see thia normal but i never told her that its wrong or something as i do not wish to step in to their personal life

5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

I hope your spouse also indulges in a bit of 'not so normal' now and then and deletes so that you can also taste the sweetness of her,/ his life.:)
    Cheers to sweetness:beer-toast1:

Sandycandy, okonomi and NeetaR like this.
  6. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

worry not ! Okonomi is not a “snooping wife “ ! So the hubby does not have to delete anything ! Lucky husband and sweet okonomi :sconf:

honeybunny123 likes this.
  7. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

No if he is deleting it's wrong ..even if there isn't anything between them n just so that U don't be upset they talk that's y even then it's wrong..
    Don't wait dear to something bad to happen call that lady n ask her to stop..
    Ask your husband to stop as well..
    If he chats when he is in the house go check on him what is he up too ,if nothing to hide give the phone to read the message..

honeybunny123 likes this.
  8. honeybunny123

honeybunny123 Senior IL'ite

I am not snooping some body else’s husband . It’s my husband and accidentally I came upon someone’s cs records daily and good night message 10:30 in the night . Probably when you get to taste it you will know whether to call it snooping or something else . I am not sorry if I being rude because people who are not sensitive enough to understand the boundaries they need to keep in married life shouldn’t get married .

9. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

let me tell you first, it is not normal at all. happy married men don't waste their time with other women. they might be doing the most stupid thing in the world like playing video games but they don't indulge with other women daily.

most of the happy married men will focus on career, gym, sports and STOCKS.

how i see it, your hubby has some inner feelings or discomfort or stress in marriage which him open to that female friend. my dh has females friends. he calls them and sometimes talk for 1 hr. but it will always about kids, their dh and work life. the important thing, he will not call that person again tomorrow and next day . next call might be in 6 months or if he saw their family pic with any new changes.

and i have seen, happy married women rarely interact personal with other men after work. they infact have a lot of female friends .

you need to take things seriously. have a big talk calm talk . focus on what he is feeling. he needs to share everything with you. especially you not judging him.
    otherwise sorry dear, this will tear you apart.

fourthaugust likes this.
  10. okonomi

okonomi New IL'ite

haha...
    I am not "the" husband.