1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Do you snore

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by kanaka Raghavan, Jan 8, 2009.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Do you snore? Here are steps to stop snoring
    1.Sleep on your side.
    2.Avoid heavy meal at night.
    3.Use nasal decongestants before bedtime.
    4.If you have polyps or adenoids ,consider getting them surgically removed.
    5.If overweight,lose weight to reduce pressure on neck.
    6.If the air passage gets blocked while you sleep for a long time and no air enters,you can choke.This is known as sleep apnea and is a serious condition where you need a special machine to pump air inside your mouth so that u can breathe.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  2. Haasinii

Haasinii Bronze IL'ite

Kanaka

good tips....thanks for sharing...aah my dad used to snore so badly during my childhood days.. ...i used to make so much of fun of him in the morning.... :)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  3. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Kanaka,
    I have a snoring problem.My husband says so & i know it.My mother has this problem too.
    I have heard of an attachment to be fixed in the mouth before going to sleep which will reduce the snoring-noise to nearly 97%.
    Will be trying that soon.
    Will surely let u know..................
    geevee

4. healthonmove

healthonmove Gold IL'ite

Yes! Snoring is a “Sleep Disorder” with sign of troubled breathing during sleep. Surprisingly, it is so common, that there is a snorer in nearly every second home. Men are more frequent snorers than women. This difference is going to equalized during the years if no precaution is taken.

The most common cause of snoring is, that the muscles in and around the throat relax too much when we are asleep. This means that the opening in the throat becomes narrow, and air has difficulty in passing. The adverse health effects that are linked to snoring are daytime dysfunction and cardiovascular disease. About one-half of people who snore loudly have obstructive sleep apnea/snoring.

If you suffer mild or occasional snoring, wake up feeling refreshed, and function well during the day may first try behavioral remedies, before consulting your doctor. Avoiding sleeping pills before bedtime, establishing regular sleeping patterns and try sleeping on your side rather than your back can help you cope up with snoring.

Heavy drinker are the worst affected with snoring, avoid alcohol for at least four hours and heavy meals or snacks for three hours before retiring.

Avoid the Nightly Thunder..... Consult your doctor on if the snoring is frequent.

5. ziesha001

ziesha001 Junior IL'ite

thanks for the tips...

6. AndersThomsen

AndersThomsen New IL'ite

The entire process of snoring and the sound that stems from the act is basically because of a blocked air passage. There could an internal or external reason to why your throat is being blocked, or why the air is unable to reach your lungs and then to your brain. This leads to the mouth opening up most of the times in need of air. There are certain surgeries that one can undertake to fix a physical defect if that is the cause for snoring. However, it has been found that more often than not it is due to our personal habits or even colds that cause snoring.

For this, there are numerous things one can do. Firstly, try losing a certain amount of weight to make sure that your fat isn’t responsible for constricting your throat. Secondly, try sleeping on your side or with elevated pillows in order to allow better air flow into the lungs. You cannot regulate the volume of your snoring in any way whatsoever, but what you could do is use special Asonor anti-snoring spray that are easily available online and in market.

7. allahlocket

allahlocket Guest

hiii,

thanks for the tips...