Little Things Bothering Me...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by nomad24, Jan 4, 2018.

1. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

I feel for some in-laws - damned if you do and damned if you don't!!

They are coming all the way to take care of you and your unborn baby.... isn't that enough, OP? Let these thoughts pass and enjoy your soon to be here little one!!

2. ameya12

ameya12 New IL'ite

take care of your baby. Being a mom is great

3. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

Your inlaws are extremely nice- consider yourself blessed. You are finding problems where there are none.

Sometimes, elders feel we should only call them- something about respect. Or they are mature and giving you space. In any case, please don't over analyse and take these silly tensions during pregnancy.

I hope when your inlaws arrive in 2 weeks they will win you over with their nice behaviour and caring and you will forget these things.So, why spoil the mood now?

Wish you all the best to be a new mommy!

sindmani and radv like this.
  4. September2015

September2015 Bronze IL'ite

What a blessing, I will give you my in-laws and I’ll take yours. Be happy you get it from your own parents...yes you are overthinking. Low or zero expectations is a very freeing thing. Embrace it. It’s worse when your mingling style is constantly scrutinized (lived that for 5 years of hell) No “hurt feelings” about how you are spending more time with one sister over another....it was hell I tell you. They were NEVER satisfied, always complained to my husband yet my husband kept telling me they liked me very much—-it was very confusing and stressful. I don’t miss it one bit!

5. akrutisyd

akrutisyd Senior IL'ite

Looking at your post, i feel am not alone in this world. Same feelings earlier. When they are far it’s different, when they come to your place it’s different. Don’t expect all the help like mom from them. Usually they are more concerned about baby and their leisure time. If its their first visit, there might be many instances; which change the relationship and its perception so far. Seen in many friends cases. Just don’t think too much about their presence, enjoy your pregnancy and take care of yourself. Don’t hesitate to ask help from them when needed. Expection and comparison with parents will depress you for sure, so just take it how it comes and try not to focus on this much. Its your first baby so njoy the moments. Post pregnancy harmonal changes n drepressing thoughts are much more after delivery, give a close look on that. Good luck n safe delivery.