1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When You Are With Me

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Mar 7, 2017.

1. VinuthaS

VinuthaS Silver IL'ite

Hello BB.. . Was busy last few days and missed few episodes... completed then all today ... very well on the flow ... great job ... looking forward on the progress on this story ....

2. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Sorry people, lot of family issues couldn't write for last few weeks. Will post the next episode by today/tomorrow

VinuthaS and creativemumma like this.
  3. blackbeauty84

Chapter-44

Jai stared at chairman till the later gave up and said ‘As usual what Kishore said is nothing but half truth and half lies.’

‘I’m more concerned about half truth.’ Jai said sarcastically. ‘If you are not in mood to explain….’ Jai started from chairman’s cabin.

‘No Jai. Give me 10 minutes.’ He said.

Jai dialed Priya and asked ,’Can you send the car Priya? It’s going to be another long day.’

‘Sure. But what’s wrong. Your voice is not normal.’ She asked.

‘I’ll explain at home.What’s the update on the case?’

‘They are waiting for post mortem report. Lawyer says nothing to panic at the moment.’ She said.

‘That’s a relief. Take care Priya’ Jai disconnected the call and proceeded to meet chairman.

Jai was sitting in front of stony faced chairman. Coffee in the table was getting cold.

‘There was a time, where I could decipher your silence. I wonder what has happened..’ Jai said.

Chairman gave a dry smile ‘Jai you know my family- particularly my wife’s side of family are major shareholders are the company. They were all expecting my son to succeed me and his interest was somewhere else. I had you mind since last few years and during a family gathering when I told them , I realized they weren’t comfortable an outsider from family chairing this company.’

Chairman looked at Jai who was listening with keen interest.

‘This is one among the reason I introduced you to actress Sheila so that you could be come into family. Once Kishore entered the company, they believed he will succeed me.I really know he wasn’t pulling his weight. But didn’t expect he will stoop to this level against you and the company.’ He continued.

‘Are you going to say something Jai.’ Chairman asked.

‘I was wondering how you have put up with this crap. Son inheriting from you and one from the family succeeding you…Is this a dynasty? ‘ Jai questioned.

‘It’s about trust Jai. Think of what would happen if they will sell their stocks. That’s why I decided to chair for few more years until..’ chairman stopped and looked at Jai.

‘until…’ Jai raised his eyebrows.

‘until we can announce Meera and Sriram’s engagement. There will be no problem then to accept you. We can groom Sriram to…’ chairman said his thoughts.

‘Stop. If being the family member is the only criteria, then this company is not for me. I don’t want any career benefit just because my son is with your daughter.’ Jai screamed. ‘What gotten into you Mr.Venkat?’ Jai was perplexed with Chairman’s line of thoughts.

‘This is just another way of convincing the board Jai. You pretty well know that.’ Chairman said convincingly.

‘We are not aligned in our thoughts and vision anymore. I see no point in continuing this discussion or my career here. I quit.’ Jai said. Their eyes locked.

‘Stop being dramatic Jai. What do you mean by quitting? You started your career here and this company made you. ..’

Office was deserted at the late hour and Col. Mukund who was doing a random check on the floor could see voices raising out of the room and in next few minutes he could see Jai storming out of chairman’s cabin. Jai gave a curt nod to Col.Mukund and went to his cabin.

‘What’s up Priya? Where are you leaving at this hour?’ Sriram asked his mom who was ready to go out.

‘Your dad wanted the car. Our chauffeur is terribly sick. So I thought of driving to the office and waiting for him.’ She explained.

‘You could have asked me. Give me the keys. I’ll do it.’ Sriram said snatching the keys from Priya.

‘No Sriram. You had an awful day and it’s time for you to rest.’

Sriram laughed. ‘You quite know that I talk to Meera till late night. I’ll do the same waiting for dad.’ He said and Priya agreed reluctantly.

‘Hey Sriram. I was just thinking about you. What happened to our chauffeur? ‘ Jai asked.

‘Oh..why were you thinking about me at this hour?’ Sriram asked disconnecting the call.

‘That’s a long story.’ Jai aid as Sriram started the car.

‘Stop the car here. I want to have tea and I have run out of cigarette.’ Jai said.

‘When are you stopping this habit dad? Priya is dead worried about it. Your chairman would die of heart attack if he spots you drinking tea here.’ Sriram said parking the car.

‘I have quit from Evolution today. So matter of days..’

‘You what?’

‘You heard it right. Order special tea for me.’ Jai said and explained the entire situation to Sriram.

‘But this was so fast dad.’ Sriram exclaimed.

‘I had been contemplating this since last month. ‘ Jai said savoring the last drop of tea.

‘Best tea I had in recent days’ Jai told Tea shop owner and went towards the car which was parked meters away.

Screech…

Tea shop owner was shocked to find a speeding car hitting the father-son duo and their bodies lying in a pool of blood.

Adharv, Arunarc, blissfull and 2 others like this.
  4. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

OMG!! Who has done this now?
    Could it be chairman...I thought he cleared everything

5. VinuthaS

VinuthaS Silver IL'ite

Oh no blackbeauty84 don't hurt this family. .. what a twist....

6. AnooSA

AnooSA Senior IL'ite

Oh Plz BB, dont let them die... Such a complete family...

7. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Oh no.... Worst time is going on in their family..I hope someone will give a quick resolution to this..Keep going BB..very good going..

--PS

8. Sachini

Sachini Bronze IL'ite

Omg what a thrilling episode. Again nailbitting twist at the end. Is it Kishore's work of revenge or bigger surprises/shocks awaiting..... But practically this is the situation in 99% of Indian owned companies. Heirdom overtakes professionalism. Good point focussed Bb.

9. blackbeauty84

Thank you Adharv. Posted the next episode yesterday.
    Have a great day and keep reading.

10. blackbeauty84

Warm welcome to IL bchopra. Posted the next episode yesterday.

Have a great day ahead.