1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

My 15kg Weight Loss Journey..dedicated Buddies Pls Join Me..lets Loose The Extra Flab

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by felonopsis, Jan 19, 2018.

1. shifas

shifas Bronze IL'ite

Hi all
    Sorry that i didnt post anything here.
    Morning---- One glass water and a banana
    Two dosas with sambhar, tea.
    Lunch------- curd rice with carrot omlet and bitterguard fry.
    Snacks---- one bread toast with a banana and tea
    Dinner------ two chapathis with alu matar
    I did a big mistake by walking at 11 pm ignoring the hot sun. Walked till a temple just spent ten to fifteen minutes there and then again back home and it was around 12.30 when i reached home. But by that time my face got burned by the sun and now its full of rashes. This is the first time i am having rashes like this.:tired::tired::tired::tired::tired::tired:

Is it bad to eat spicy food?? I love eating spicy food a lot. But somebody told me that eating spicy food also makes us little lazy and sleepy. Is it true? Anyone got any ideas???

kalcandu and felonopsis like this.
  2. shifas

shifas Bronze IL'ite

Sorry.. it was 11 am and not pm:grin:

shravs3 likes this.
  3. felonopsis

felonopsis Gold IL'ite

TC @shifas. I eat spicy food but never felt lazy coz of it. May be differs from person to person

4. anu1215

anu1215 Platinum IL'ite

Hi
    should we update food daily or post the weight?

5. kalcandu

kalcandu Silver IL'ite

Overeating does make one sleepy and lazy, irrespective of spice level of food. So i feel it may not be true that spicy foods make you sleepy.
    Spice is necessary in food for digestion. But regular consumption of spicy foods leads to health problems associated with increased pitta/heat in the body. Ulcers, aggravation of urinary infection, high blood pressure, inflammation disorders... These are some things that I can think of.

felonopsis likes this.
  6. kalcandu

kalcandu Silver IL'ite

Hi

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I was depressed thinking i am the only one who is having so many health complications all at once and thought conceiving now is out of question. Pressure/expectations from family members is an added strain for ladies like me who are struggling to conceive. My husband had been a pillar of strength for me and i often console myself that at the end of the day, i atleast have a happy marriage, irrespective of what may happen or not happen.

I am not willing to go for any artificial methods. I have decided to put my efforts in praying to God, thereby staying positive and cheerful and becoming healthy.

My husband was also diagnosed with vit d deficiency and at that time i asked doc shall i also test for it as i am diagnosed as hypothyroid recently. He said no need. Later my new doctor said to test for vitd vit b12 and found deficiency. So it is depending on our karma also to get a good doctor who takes initiative and who is intelligent to diagnose.

Sorry for rambling away off the topic. Thanks for all the encouragement once again. I feel enthused

felonopsis likes this.
  7. felonopsis

felonopsis Gold IL'ite

Hi Anu,

I remember, around 5 yrs before, we were part of the same weightloss thread by Sridevi.. Nice to catch up back up with you. I post the food updates daily and weight once in 10days or so. You can do the same or anything that works for you

Staying positive midst of everyones pressure is the biggest challenge. Good that you have your DH support. Gud luck

kalcandu likes this.
  8. shashireka

shashireka New IL'ite

Hello Friends recently married am trying to lose my weight .
    i d only house hold activities.
    i have thyroid problem als
    o .

felonopsis likes this.
  9. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Over spicy food is bad for people with sensitive stomach issues. But I have never heard it being associated with "lazy n sleepy", maybe it refers to 'oily/ fatty spicy heavy food'.

Infact many sites claim that chili n chili family if eaten rite helps in losing weight.

felonopsis likes this.
  10. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Hi, i had pcos too n have vit d n b12 deficiency now. Almost everyone has it so don't worry, it will all be better soon.

I do cook separately for myself whenever I want to lose weight n try to prep or cook in advance if I have more work coming up. During the days I can't, I go with portion control.

felonopsis and kalcandu like this.